Food diary - one for all of us

I am really pleased that people are using this.

Skib this is not about calories or look at me I ate xyz. It is a useful and very succesful tool for people to see just how much or indeed little they are eating and exercising this along side mood, the weather and sleep.

From monitoring the above you can pick up trends and triggers from that you can make little changes for example if you note that after a bad nights sleep you tend to eat more or the wrong thing, you can know that in the morning a good breakfast/change or breakfast to oats etc will help your energy level that morning and prepate for that lunch time low with some nuts for example at sat 1000-1100.

It will also show just how many 'little' extras we allow our selves for me it is biscuits I think I will just have 2 but by the end of the day I will have had about 10 thats nearly 1000cal wasted and not really needed 2 would have been just fine.

This is not a boasting thread it is meant to encourge and help.

Will update todays food later as althrough I know what I will be having for the rest of the day I don't know if I will add and little extras in there yet and I want to be honest.

Tuesday

Breakfast: oat granola with greek yogurt with honey and a small handfull of raspberries and blueberries
Lunch: chicken noodle soup and a white roll and an activa peach fat free yogurt
Dinner: chicken and chorizo paella from asda
Cinema snacks: grab bag of quavers (healthiest item at the cinema) and a bottle of liptons lemon iced tea
Drinks: I had a bottle of orange juice (330mls) mid morning and I've probably drank about 1.5litres diluting juice

Exercise: I did week one of couch to 5K so 22min brisk walking and 8min of jogging. About 30-40min riding (mainly trot with bits of walk and canter and a couple of jumps)

Mood: bored in work (we are really quiet just now) but I felt quite good when I went out at lunch to do couch to 5K. Grumpy because my OH made us late for the cinema!

Oh and sleep: I got just under 6hrs

Weather: another dull, cloudy but dry day!

Last edited:
Trews' Tuesday tasties!

Breakie, bacon on flat bread and coffee
Luncheon, water, cheese salad butties on brown bread
Evening snack - monkey nuts roasted (generous handful)
Evening meal - piece of fish coated in chilli and black pepper with salad and crusty roll
washed down with weak lager..............(haven't eaten this yet, will be about 9.30pm)
Mood - very good - had an afternoon nap, rode the Storm, harrowed the school, poo picked and cleaned saddle. Still got plenty of energy left to clean the shower, hoover the caravan and make up night nets!lol

Edited to add; Did a short two mile walk last night, picked a different route for a change - it was a nice way to end the day

Last edited:
Tuesday - Dannii5691

Breakfast - a carton drink.

Dinner - jacket pot with cheese savoury and ham then a cadburys caramel ice cream

Snack - ice lolly

Tea - weight watchers lasagne

I've just had my tongue pierced and its proving to be a good diet tool because I can hardly flaming eat and what I can eat takes me forever

Eta - had a very good day and in a very good mood but you don't wanna know the ins and outs

Last edited:
Not going to do this regularly but as an example of my catch up eating!!

Monday

Breakfast slice of toast with pate ,lots of tea.

Forgot about lunch although had lots of cups ot teas with sugar through the day and felt headachey by 5 so had chicken pieces with CK

Supper didn't happen as waiting for man to rescue me from bee's nest in garage but drank about 1/2 litre of fizzy water with ginger cordial and had oatmeal biscuits with brie

Exercise did housework ( much overdue spring clean) and helped CK make new paddocks and move ponies ...day off!!

Slept my usual 8 hours

Tuesday (today)

Breakfast Croisants and the inevitable lots of tea

Lunch small bowl of pasta and tuna

Supper ( making up for yesterday as ususally I don't have lunch and dinner) Pork chops, roast potatoes cauliflower cheese)

Couple of glasses of wine!!

Second of my days off so spring cleaned 'hard' areas of house (kitchen , utility , laundry, downstairs loo and patio between house and office). Meandered round supermarket!!

My Tuesday

Breakfast: Oatbran with skimmed milk

Lunch: Turkey chunks tikka and a fat free fromage frais with a sweetner

Dinner: WW fish pie and a bit of left over turkey chilli as an extra as was still hungry

Snack: natural yoghurt with sweetner and 3 mint humbugs. lol

Exercise: cycled to work & back which is only about 4 miles total, poo picked and did the insanity fit test.

Mood: Not sure

A rubbish day for me:

Breakfast: none
Lunch: chicken fajita wrap
Dinner: chicken and chorizo with four cheese ravioli in tomato sauce and garlic bread.

Snack, packet of crisps

Exercise: caddying a round of golf plus doing the usual pony chores.

Not much in the way of my 5 fruit and veg and high fat for today.

Tuesday 25th June

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast.
Lunch: Jacket spud with roasted peppers and onion. No butter or cheese
Snack: Handful of grapes
Dinner: Pasta (medium portion) with a small bit of of meat sauce left over from last night. Medium portion of half fat cheese.

Sleep: Had a good 8 hours last night
Mood: Felt great today. Lots of energy.
Exercise: 2 mile slow school run. Rode Ben for an very active hour.

Am now fighting the urge to snack. I'm not hungry and I don't need it and keep need to tell myself that!

Tuesday

Breakfast - breakfast biscuits
Lunch- small chicken salad
Dinner - two bowls of honey nut loops and 2 breakfast biscuits

Snack - small banana and a small choco mouse

Exercise - 45 circuits session very hard
SJ Ginger

Tuesday for me

Day off work, so not normal routine (food or otherwise!)

Breakfast - slept in til 11am, too late for brekkie so just had a banana
Lunch - 12 inch baguette with low-fat spread, sliced ham and lots of coleslaw, lemon flavoured half-fat yoghurt, mug of tea 2 sugars
Afternoon snack - couple of biscuits in between exercising ponies
Dinner - cold pasta salad with pasta, tomato, red pepper, green pepper, avocado, sweetcorn, celery and a creamy cheesy sauce (went back for seconds)
Mug of tea 2 sugars

Exercise - walked to and from the ponies' field x 2 (3km total), 2 young ponies ridden for 30mins (one walk-trot hack, one in the school), that's it really!

Sleep - late night so 5hrs "proper" sleep then napping til mid-morning

Mood - good once I got going with the ponies after lunch, but groggy for couple of hours when I finally did get up, sleeping in isn't good for me at all!

My Tuesday:

Late breakfast/lunch 2 rice crackers with cottage cheese on

Tea, large organic salad with cottage cheese, spring onion and a smidge of pate. For desert I had a low fat rhubab yogurt.

Exercise I walked 2 miles up gentle hills with the pram and dog, and when I hot home I walked my other dog approx 1 mile up a fairly steep hill n pram. Great for tummy pram pushing !!

I had another ricecake and cottage cheese when I got in as was puckish and my other half of blue riband from yesterday.

Sleep: slept well never sure on time as I read alot in bed and nod off! But I never feel knackered.

Mood - good :)

Last edited:
Tuesday

Breakfast - one bacon buttie, one cheese & bacon buttie, hot water

Lunch - seed bar, carton blueberries, banana

Mid afternoon snack - banana
Black coffee and fennel tea to drink at work

Get home from work snack - 3 chocolate covered rice cakes, handful of almonds

Get back from riding snack - 3 more chocolate covered rice cakes, grapes

Dinner - 2 salmon fillets cooked in foil in the oven, peas, inch of white wine to take away the taste of the salmon which, although I love it, was a bit much after two fillets.

Exercise - brisk walk from car park to work and back, 5 1/2 mile trotting hack, avg speed 5 mph according to Endomondo.

Sleep - woken 7 times by hot flushes (I counted). My OH really hopes they don't last much longer.

Mood - good

I'm actually impressed how healthy my diet looks today, it isn't always like this!

Tuesday (mine isn't good!)

Breakfast - piece of wholegrain toast and hummus, coffee with sugar
Lunch - mashed potatoes, peas and ham with the kids
Afternoon - latte with sugar
Snack - went to a movie screening and felt quite faint on the way there so scoffed a Chicken McSandwich and diet coke before going in
Dinner - fish and chips (although didn't eat much as was still full after the Maccy D's!)
Also - three glasses of red wine

Sleep - I watched a horror film and was a bit tiddly so not good! Maybe 6 broken hours

Mood - meh

Tuesday

Breakfast - one bacon buttie, one cheese & bacon buttie, hot water

Lunch - seed bar, carton blueberries, banana

Mid afternoon snack - banana
Black coffee and fennel tea to drink at work

Get home from work snack - 3 chocolate covered rice cakes, handful of almonds

Get back from riding snack - 3 more chocolate covered rice cakes, grapes

Dinner - 2 salmon fillets cooked in foil in the oven, peas, inch of white wine to take away the taste of the salmon which, although I love it, was a bit much after two fillets.

Exercise - brisk walk from car park to work and back, 5 1/2 mile trotting hack, avg speed 5 mph according to Endomondo.

Sleep - woken 7 times by hot flushes (I counted). My OH really hopes they don't last much longer.

Mood - good

I'm actually impressed how healthy my diet looks today, it isn't always like this!

How many calories are in the choc covered rice cakes? I am having the plain ones ( 30 cals ) but they are rather boring!

I'm being very tempted by lots of sweet and/or unhealthy things today! There are some cakes in the office and things keep popping up on FB that are making me want Percy Pigs or some other sweet and I got an email from Domino's Pizza for a BOGOF deal.

Luckily I have brought lunch into work today so I don't need to go up to the cafe and be tempted. I would really like a healthy idea for dinner tonight though as I cannot think of anything. I need to go to the supermarket anyway as I need to get some more fruit but I don't want to end up wondering round asda and just picking up a pizza because I can't think of anything else and it is quick and easy!

ETA Bodshi... after reading your diary I think I might have salmon!

Tuesday I was quite busy and teaching till quite late so I made myself have a decent lunch, otherwise I find that driving around between yards I tend to pick up some garage forecourt crappy food when hungry (white bread in particular makes me very sluggish) - so had a croissant for breakfast, tuna pasta for lunch then around 8.30pm had pork chops, peas and mash potato. Kept away from the snacks as constantly here there and everywhere and felt much better for it, spent the day feeling satisfied but light,not stuffed!

Again I ate far too late for me, as didnt get back home till 7:30ish and then had to go out and rescue OH and his bike who had bust a tyre miles from home - I try to finish eating before 7 to give it time to digest before I go to sleep (go up to bed at 10 and fall sleep within a few minutes) sleeping on full stomach I always seem to wake up more tired than I went to bed, is my body too busy digesting and not busy sleeping? I also find I'm really hot and overheated in bed if I eat too late: Anyone else find this?

Going out for dinner tonight so have had a bit of toast for breakfast and will have avery light lunch (going out with some girlfriends into town in a bit so will probably be a cafe salad?) to save lots of room for yummy Thai food! My favourite!

Last edited:
How many calories are in the choc covered rice cakes? I am having the plain ones ( 30 cals ) but they are rather boring!

Apparently there are 83 per thin in the Kelkin milk chocolate ones that I'm having at the moment. My favourites are the Kallo dark chocolate ones and I've just looked those up - 55 calories per thin. Although I eat half a packet at a time (like to be symmetrical) so 3 of the Kelkin versus 4 of the Kallo, so not a lot in it.

I eat them because they're a handy gluten free snack.

Hmm the sleep on a full stomach observation is interesting. I think it might depend what your body is used to. I used to eat fairly early because I was never motivated to cook if I left it too late - so if I did eat late for whatever reason yes I did find myself a bit hot and restless when I was trying to sleep. But, now I go to bed on a full stomach quite regularly, and tbh I don't notice that it makes much difference - but I've spent the last 7 years living in countries where it's fairly normal to eat quite late in the evening, so maybe my body has just grown accustomed to it.

I haven't eaten before 9pm for 20 years!!!! When I lived with parents we tended to have our evening meal late - about 7.30pm - when OH and I moved in we got later due to work.

Wednesdays wonders... Trews foodie memoir..

Breakie: coffee - poached egg - slice of crusty bread
Lunch: coffee - flatbread with plain chicken
Evening snax - roast monkey nuts
Evening meal: salad with chipotle - roast chicken portion - two weak lagers
(That's what's planned anyways!). Lots of water in between!

newrider.com