Foalie needs a name! Pics!

Sunshine-x

Jul 31, 2008
So foalie is now a week old and is a big strong boy. He's definitely got his dads face, their blazes match which is very cute! I can't seem to find a name that suits him though, hes currently donkey coloured, sort of dark grey with a hint of brown. So not sure if he will turn bay or grey out?
He wore his headcollar for the first time yesterday for an hour or so, its wee little brown leather one, so cute!
He's so friendly and bold, hes going to be a lovely horse, looks like he will have a good bit of bone to him, hasn't turned out too thoroughbredy thankfully. But anyway, I need some help with a name, so what do you think?

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0498.jpg

DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

I just need a stable name for him really, our prefix is Harlesford, so something to go with that. Mum is Polly, dad Sammy.

He'e s a wee cutie!

I think he looks like a Mouse, but not sure it will quite suit the strapping lad he will grow into.

Harlequin? Harry?

Going on the 'bold' idea - Archie? (Archibald means genuine, bold, brave), Ferdi (Ferdinand - bold voyager), Hardy (bold, brave).

I can't call him Harlesford Harlequin, he'd be Harley Harley poor lad lol.
I did think about Archie but it doesn't quite seem to go with him if you know what I mean? We've already had a Ferdie too. Its hard to find a name we haven't had, I think thats why I'm stuck. Good thoughts though!

I like the traditional gelding names too - Chief, Duke, Scout and the sort.

What is he going to grow up to be? Height, type?

If you wanted an Irish name:

Ardan - for High Aspiration
Art - for champion
Carney : victorious champion
Darcy - "descendant of the dark one!"
Fergal - brave
Riley - valiant

Ooh - what a sweetie. He's a gorgeous colour as a babe, isn't he? If he was a she I might have said 'Velvet' but that's not very manly for a full up big horsey when he's all growed up.....

Quicksilver?

Rufus sprang to mind initially.

Chance, Copper, Lucky, will add more who think. William?

Last edited:
Lol Newforest funnily enough I said I wish I hadn't called that new chesnut we got a month ago Rufus, as it would have suited my foal!! Can't have 2 with the same name, and Rufus is Rufus now, too late!

It's funny because he looks so cute and fluffy just now, but you want to give him a name that will suit him when he turns into a big, strapping lad!

I like Art and Riley that C&M suggested.

Gray? Since he is kind of Grey coloured?

Also Coop, Flynn, Blake, Troy, Travis....I've always wanted to name a horse Trav :giggle:

newrider.com