Foa Everyone - V Important

star*

Sep 10, 2007
From H&H
I have been out and about this weekend. I met up with a dodgy horsey person i know - it helps to know dodgy people
Anyway they brought up this white van thing.
They told me it is for real. Photo's are taken of the horses and sold on the internet. All the horses when sold are shipped abroad.
I will be passing this information on. It has happened and is happening!!
This is not a scare or rumour - i have not taken it too seriously until now.
Passports mean nothing, they are so easily done. We have a horse with two passports!
Please be vigilant.

Someone on another forum had men visit her yard who matched the description of the men! I would advise people to make their albums private and not post pictures for the time being - other forums have closed down the part of the forum for picture threads, please be carefull

I thought it was stupid at first aswell as the same van being spotted all over the country etc. but be very carefull. Better safe than sorry and we can share our photo's after this has all blown over. Remember this is a public forum and anyone can view it without being a member and anyone can become a member and view albums that are not set as private.

I'd advise everyone to update their photos of their horses and take ones from different angles including close ups of any distinguishing marks.
I feel sad when I see an alert for a stolen horse and the accompanying picture is slightly blurry and at a distance.

newrider.com