Fly sheet sizing help

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Poor Belle, she's really suffering with the flies this year, keeps coming in with some whoppers, despite loads of fly cream and spray, so, my friend has let me use one of her fly sheets for now but I need to buy her one, problem I've got is sizing, the one she's wearing now is a 'Gallop' one and while it fits in the length it's tighter than I would like round her chest, so can anyone recommend one for a rather broad Haflinger please?

The gallop ones seem to be narrow TBH, our Welsh A came with one and it was very smug across her chest. I'm not brand loyal with fly rugs and buy what's reasonably priced or on offer at the time. I have recently bought a equitheme sweet itch rug that I'm very happy with. What I will say is there's 2 really chunky cobs down the road and they both have Newmarket design ones on, I have seen them on eBay and they are at the cheaper end of the market. x

Jess has to have broader ones, I tend to stick with weatherbeeta, amigo and masta for her rugs in general. Oddly though I just brought her normal 6'6" weatherbeeta but in the fly rug and its long on her, it doesn't have normal buckles though but the ones that sirsingles normally have so a bit less adjustable, looks like another one I'll be washing and selling :rolleyes:

Thanks ladies I'll have a look at some, her normal rugs are eskadron and weatherbeeta which fit her nicely, well they did, she's never worn them, so I'll look at all of the suggestions :)

Reactions: Jessey
I have a Shires one for Chloe the cob and it does seem a nice texture and fit. Storm has an amigo one, which is an okay fit but tbh doesn't look the comfiest. Thank goodness for living by the sea, last summer they only wore them a couple of times. Most days it's breezy and not hot enough for the b*ggers to hatch out.

newrider.com