Fly rug help!

Meils

May 27, 2009
Hi,

Can anyone offer me any advice on fly sheets , we live in Italy and have 30 degree + heat with terrible bugs and hence am on the hunt for the perfect fly sheet. :cool:

The ones that I like the look of are the Bucas Buzz-off Fly Sheet and the Mark Todd Fly Ultra Combo the only thing I worry about is how thick they are and if they would be too hot for our horses.:confused:

Any advice on these (or any others) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Or Rambow sweet itch hoody if you want a full covering thing - Silver is never hot in it :)

You can also get a reflective waterproof under thing for it which reflects the sunlight also :)

depends if you want that level of coverage though :/ Its 90.50 from thesaddlery.co.uk next day =D its AMAZING for sweet itch as keeps midges and flys out :)

Thanks guys,

We have a boett rug, but its WAY too thick and the horses come in completely dripping. I had a look at the Rambo Sweet Itch Hoody at Badminton but I also think that that would be too thick.

It gets really really hot and humid here, at the moment I put them out from 6am till 8am in very thin meshy rugs and even then its really too much.

The problem with the rugs we have is that they get bitten through them and I don't like the cut (doesn't cover belly / slips down the neck).

The only fly rug to prevent midge bites is a sweet itch one unfortunatley :(

Or maybe the Rambo Protector? Not sure what its like but sure it said on advert today that it was super cooling or something!!

newrider.com