Flipo's New KV Bridle - Thank you!

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
For my christmas (well Flipo's) my mum and dad bought me a Kis Vihar bridle. I wore it on christmas day however when we tried it on Flipo he seemed to have morphed into another shape (or my measurements were clearly wrong:redface::redcarded:) so KV has very kindly rejigged et voila - I present the model himself sporting the latest fashion. I now have a stepped back headpiece to accommodate the mega mane, buckles instead of billets, the most amazing noseband (how big is the buckle for that alone!!) and the most fabulous continental web reins with rubber thread and leather stoppers. (we need all the brakes we can get).

To Karin and Paul, thank you so much for all your time and effort, it really is a work of art. (sorry for my crappy measurements).

(I should say, looking at the photos now I think the noseband is sitting just a tad too high and his cheekpieces could go up a couple of holes so his lips are a little more wrinkled. Am I right?)
51624472.jpg

78758717.jpg

d272f238.jpg

Cleaning the carrot flavoured dirt off my car (who needs to pay for car washing?!)
0a3f4338.jpg

Think he's a bit like Mariah Carey in that he didn't seem to want me to take photos of his offside. Grrr!
b31563b9.jpg

YAY! It arrived! :)

Noseband is much nicer on him now. :)

I would drop the noseband a hole, and possibly pop the cheeks up one. It depends how Flipo likes his bit. If he's happy with it there, then fine. :)

At least your cheek pieces aren't up at his browband now! ;)

Glad you are pleased - widths and colour suits him well. :)

Yeah I love the noseband on him, I hated the other one so much I stopped using it there for a while. It goes on like a dream Karin, I can't believe how easy it is now, I used to poke him in the eye, squish his ears and generally assault my horse every time I put his bridle on. Didn't help that he likes to put his head to the floor when you're fiddling about.
I took the cheek pieces up 1 hole between the photo of him side on and the close up of his bit. Will see how it is on this hole, can't see more than one wrinkle on his lips but stuck my finger in his mouth and the bit isn't sitting too low really.
The other thing that I really wonder about now is why do they make cheekpieces with the billet bits sticking inside? It must be so uncomfortable for the horse. My old bridle had inside facing ones and I've only noticed it over the last couple of months since I saw your bridles KV. Is it just cause mine was really cheap?!

Me likey alotty!!!!!!! When I have a new job I would <3 one for June!! And a posh in hand one for jazz!! I can dream xx

What a gorgeous bridle for a very handsome boy! :inlove:

FM, no doubt your riding will improve dramatically now:giggle:

What a gorgeous bridle for a very handsome boy! :inlove:

FM, no doubt your riding will improve dramatically now:giggle:

Lol, I'm sure it will, or maybe people will just be so awestruck at flips new bridle that they miss the big galoot ontop bobbing about!
Dannii - they're now a very rare and precious thing are kv
Bridles, I feel honoured to have one. Just can't wait till the beard comes out and he can really do it justice (he looks less cuddly and more handsome during the summer Kate!!)

Bootiful!!!

It is stunning and so is Flipo! I want one for Caymen now. I would not have a scooby about how to measure though :redface:

I was really lucky as Karin delivered and also fitted Panda's new bridle - I couldn't get it wrong then could I. :D Karin I have just put it back together after cleaning - you did say the outside split rein went to the snaffle, didn't you?

All KV bridles are lovely aren't they, I have just bought a bridle bag to transport mine in and hopefully - if not raining - will use at at a Hunter trials tomorrow.

Awwwwwwwwwww Flipo loooks even more beautiful now! And even more tempting to steal now.........(Ill take the bridle of too of course.) :ninja:

I want a KV bridle for my daft oaf too. :inlove:

newrider.com