Fjord show turnout ?

WeeBarraxO

May 20, 2008
Glasgow
does anyone now about showing a fjord ?

I am hoping to take Petri to a show or two this summer .. nothing serious but just wondering how we should be ..

I am needing to get new show stuff .. so what type of jacket, jodhpurs and boots should I get ..

and for her I guess I just need to keep on top of her mane and leave her tail not plaited ?

and for inhand .. should I use an inhand bridle or a white rope halter ?

not entirely sure on what classes we will be doing as will need to wait and see the schedule .. but will deffo be doing veteren ridden/inhand, maybe family pony if there isn't age restrictions for me :frown: .. then we will be doing clear round maybe :giggle: not sure on what else is available for fjord ponies :frown:

I will be interested to see your replies. I was thinking of taking Freja to a ridden show this summer but I have no idea about showing (in general, but especially) Fjords. With the Welshies there seems to be a lot more options. I was looking through a show schedule but there didn't seem to be anything that fits.

I will be interested to see your replies. I was thinking of taking Freja to a ridden show this summer but I have no idea about showing (in general, but especially) Fjords. With the Welshies there seems to be a lot more options. I was looking through a show schedule but there didn't seem to be anything that fits.

I'm the same :frown:, was looking through last years schedules as they don't seem to change much .. and there is not a lot available .. and one of our local shows there is only 2 classes I can do as the rest I can't as I am to old and she is too small :(, discrimination against adults with ponies :frown::redcarded:

but at the other there is a fair few I think .. veteren ridden/inhand family pony I think and a few others .. I though maybe do working hunter on her if I get her jumping :giggle:

We just used to show in standard M&M kit, brown flat snaffle bridles, nothing fancy. No numbah or a very small discreet one as close to dun as you can find. and tweed.

newrider.com