First veteran ridden show

Amanda smith

Oct 23, 2021
I have a 24 year horse we have done dressage and done well,but would love to try a ridden veteran class,would I be expected to ride in a Pelham bit?

I don't think there are any bit requirements for showing classes. I would ride in whatever you normally ride in. I might be wrong though - anyone else?

I used to show mine in veteran classes. Sultie had a Pelham with double reins and Abbey a double bridle. That was a while ago but the rules used to be they are shown according to type. As both were riding horses a Pelham/double it was.

Bits – any suitable showing bit is acceptable. A lip strap must be present if a curb chain is used. Bit-less bridles are permitted. Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted to use a double bridle or double reins but split reins or pelham roundings are permitted.

Grackle, flash and drop nosebands are only acceptable in jumping classes e.g. working veteran classes.

All breed exhibits may turn out in attire according to breed and type.

I am probably the last person to ask as i show in a rope halter in hand and probably would get better marks if i used a bridle, wore a tweed jacket and jods rather than a waistcoat and matching trousers and blouse with a hat.

Attachments

• 20210612_153529.jpg
    20210612_153529.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 0
newrider.com