First solo hack - went well!

hoofhearted

Jan 25, 2004
North Wales
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to my long post regarding my worries with Rosie.

Some positive news! - decided I had to bite the bullet and get out by myself today, so went to catch her, following fair ladys advice, clipped leadrope on, gave piece of carrot and started off, she followed fine:D.

Brushed her and tacked up, set off, she was a star, slow off the leg on the way out but I don't mind that, we went all the way round the block - about a mile and a half - she did hesitate at a couple of things but went on with encouragement. No real napping. So I am made up at the moment:D.

Thanks again to everyone who made me feel more positive yesterday:)

no I really mean it. It takes a lot of nerve and guts to do what you did this morning with a horse you are feeling a 'little insecure' with:)

Lets hope your confidence with Rosie soars with each new thing you accomplish.

Well done:D

Well done indeed, that is excellent news!

I need to get back to that Cody was OK when I first got him but then took to planting his feet and refusing to move. :rolleyes:

So glad your hack all went well.

NicP - are things improving with Cody now?

Well we moved yards on 11th and since then I rode him out briefly with a friend walking and he was fine and I have taken him out in hand and he was fine.

I am hoping to hack out with somebody else from the yard this weekend before I try on my own - unfortunately it is a small yard and I can't get there till after most people ride so I haven't been able to go out with anyone yet.

He has settled into the yard fine apart from that though so I will take it slowly but surely!

Thanks for asking - we will get there! :D

Well done Hoof hearted. Bear in mind it took me four weeks on new yard before I hacked Sen out on his own and I've owned him for four years. Sometimes these things take time. Don't worry if it does for you.:D

it was NOT just a fluke, you have to stay positive, play around with her, and the day you go up feeling positive, take her out, if you are feeling very negative don't.

Believe me it was not a fluke, you were determined to do it and you did:)

newrider.com