First show verdict...I need more lessons!

alwaysfallingof

Jul 17, 2004
London
Visit site
Had an interesting time with Max last night at our first show! :eek:
We had only entered in the 2'3 class, and he was fine in the warm up arena, going over the practice jumps like the good little boy that he is.

Then we went into the ring...

First jump was fine, he approached the second nicely, which was a little spread, and then put in the DIRTIEST stop. So I went flying onto pony's neck, and with a manic grab managed to stop myself from flying over his head. :eek:
Having hoisted myself back on, we circled round and retook the jump, which he went over beautifully. Then he tried to charge off before the last fence, and then stopped again, and when I turned him around then he decided that a BIG bucking fit was a good idea...how I stayed on I have no idea.

So...I decided just to go back, and I took him over the first jump again to end on a good note, then took him out.

I think he was a little over-excited :rolleyes: it was his first time out for about 2 years, but afterwards he went over the practice jumps again very nicely, and he had been good to load and travelled well, so all in all I wasn't too disappointed.

I think I need some more jumping lessons to work out how to deal with hyper pony!

yeah, well done for staying on!! :)

Well, i guess it can only get better! Are you going to do more shows with him? Hopefully it didnt completely knock your confidence. The only way hell get better is to go out more often!

Good luck

Jo

I reckon I'll do more shows over the summer, once I've had some more jumping lessons! ;)
That's the way I've been thinking of it though, at least now I have a baseline to improve upon!

seeing as though you're 'allways fallin off' from your name well done for staying on this time lol !! i certainly would have been straight off - why i remember my first ever jumping class...

X jenny X

newrider.com