First proper drive out today

laceyfreckle

May 27, 2007
Essex/Suffolk
I took lacy out for her first proper drive today. She has done a lot of driving but not in the last 7 months.

She was a star, went down the really fast, scary 60mph A roads as well as some quieter ones. Saw 10 tractors (not sure why they were all out today!) 1 digger, a handful of big trucks, a ambulance and a motorbike with sidecar. Oh and two big roundabouts. She didn't worry at all.

Spoke to her previous owner as well as only slight hairy moment was when we were trotting and she started to not buck but bring her bum up and tuck her hinds underneath her. Turns out she does that as she used to be a scrap iron driving horse and learnt how to be careful of the heavy carts/trolleys running up her back legs when going downhill.

She really is very easy though! Here's a pic, sorry it's not very good.
5bf4eb0c7cafa8d1bd22c532fe8ea520.jpg

That's mostly down to you and others telling me to get on with it eml - much appreciated btw [emoji3] I still get more nervous then she does!

Ruskii - I will probably have to take one of my older children as grooms but this time took a adult friend with me, to give me confidence too

newrider.com