First hour long hack in a year, saddle prob!!!

angeleyezhoney

~*Angeleyezhoney*~
Jul 8, 2007
Surrey
www.myspace.com
Well as you may or may not know Star was been off work for a year due to MY back probs and 7ops later I'm making a come back!! :D

After a month and a half of short rides in the school, loose schooling and half hour hacks (back hurt for any longer) I decided to go for a gentle hack. Plus got new saddle and wanted to try it out!!!! :p ;)

Well, the saddle (Wintec Wide) is very low at the front and threw me completely off balance as my old saddle made me feel nice and snug (as snug as you can be with a size 22 bottom!).

Everything was going well had a few trots and then she was being really good so thought we'd have a short canter. Was OK, didn't feel 100% as saddle made me feel as if I was 'perched' on her back, but was OK. All of a sudden Star decided that she saw a blade of grass that looked tasty. So she skidded to a stop, put her head down and threw me up her neck! :eek:
I managed to stay on though! Obviously still have some thigh muscle under the fat that went on lying in a hospital bed lol Hurt my arm though and broke 2 nails!!! lol

Soo. Does anyone know what is best to buy to try to stop the saddle lying so low at the front? I have change the gullet as it was slightly too wide so might be better then. If not is it something I will have to put up with?

Sorry it was a bit long

I would have thought changing the gullet would make it sit up more slightly at the front.

What was your old saddle? was it english? did it have a deeper seat?

I have found that my fhoenix saddle feels really open when I ride in it compared to my western saddle or the startrekk dressage which has a lot deeper seat

I would have thought changing the gullet would make it sit up more slightly at the front.

What was your old saddle? was it english? did it have a deeper seat?

I have found that my fhoenix saddle feels really open when I ride in it compared to my western saddle or the startrekk dressage which has a lot deeper seat

it was english and the seat was slightly deeper but was higher at the front. I know one of my friends had a pad that raised the front of the saddle but cant remember the name or where she got it :confused:

Angel ask Oz aka Unicorn leather...he is a saddle fitter and a mine of info. Oz has just altered my bates webbers for me clever boy that he is . There is another saddle fitter on here too but can't remember his name

thank you! i have just realized you are both on Plus Rider too!!! me too!!!

newrider.com