First hack in 10 weeks - woohoo

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Im so, so happy and super proud of Belle, have been riding in the school this last week and today decided it was time to go for a hack, I always worry when she's not been out for a while, but, apart from being super forward we had a fabulous hack this morning, first time since my op. She reminded me just how good she is and behaved herself the whole time.
Didn't dare try to canter though, had enough trouble keeping her in walk! I think it was just a case of 'Im so happy to be out in the countryside again' but she's full of fizz for sure, in a really nice way. Gosh I didn't realise just how much I've missed hacking out. :D:D:D

Thanks girls, I'm still beaming, not supposed to be riding for another month yet, but I know Belle inside out - she's been so much better since I've been back doing regular hours/chores and riding and I feel great, shoulder is better than it's been for over a year already and still a way to go as no strength in it at all, but Im working on my physio several times a day and both consultant and physio are really pleased so far.
I just can't get over how good it felt to be out again this morning.

My god has it really been TEN WEEKS since your op?!
Glad you've got out - wonderful to be back on your horse I am sure!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Glad to hear you are healing so well, but do be careful not to push it and put yourself back :)
Thanks Jessey, I will be careful, the beauty of age I guess, I know what I'm capable of and have learned that while pushing myself is good, pushing too much is really really not! Plus I know Belle inside out and I wouldn't get on her if she was having one of her rare 'I'm being a plonker' days.

Reactions: Jessey
My god has it really been TEN WEEKS since your op?!
Glad you've got out - wonderful to be back on your horse I am sure!
Nope, it's just over 8 weeks but it's 10 since I last hacked properly, it's amazing to be back on her, even better to be back out hacking. :)

newrider.com