Finnley Has A Go At Long Reining! *piccies*

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
So we decided to go for our first proper long reining hack :)
Was abit unsure of how he would react as he has only done it a couple of times up & down the drive at the yard.

He was a star though and seemed to enjoy it :D

Starting Off
DSC02606.jpg

Getting The Hang Of Stopping
DSC02607.jpg

Looking Handsom
DSC02608.jpg

Off We Go
DSC02610.jpg

DSC02612.jpg

DSC02614.jpg

He then insisted we trotted down the drive :p
DSC02624.jpg

Thank you :) Not 100% sure...in the summer every1 was saying he must have some conny in him...but he looks more like a wooly mountain pony now :)
So probs a bit of Heinz variety going on :)

Thankyou!

I thought it was great fun! i loved not having to worry about falling off if he spooked etc.

Although he didnt spook at all! not even when i was running behind him whilst he was trotting!

Starting to get rid of his spookyness yay!!:)

He's a lovely looking boy - he looks almost highland ponyish in the photo but thats probably down to his woolly coat:).

We are also fans of long reining. It's great to get the horses listening to the voice and going in front without fear.

Last edited:
He's a lovely looking boy - he looks almost highland ponyish in the photo but thats probably down to his woolly coat:).

We are also fans of long reining. It's great to get the horses listening to the voice and going in front without fear.

It is a fab way of getting them confident like you said! :p

He looks like a different pony in summer...he goes bright white & looks all leggy and slim! *searches for pic*:p

Probs not the best example but im on my work computer and its the only one i could find :D

& they have blocked photobucket so had to do it as a crap attachment!

Attachments

• user28280_pic28382_1249669428.jpg
    user28280_pic28382_1249669428.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 6
newrider.com