finding it difficult

Icklewillow

Aug 6, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
hi!

just need to have a nag really, im finding it so hard to find quality tuition in the Plymouth, devon area!! its crazy! all this great land, and no luck so far.

being a petite person... well 5ft but a godd 9... well maybe 9.5 stone i find it very hard to find a school where they dont shove me on some pony that is too used to children tugging at its mouth to even feel what im doing.. and my legs well i might as well not have any!

i never rode much... used to drive more but i really want to learn well so i can look to getting my own... ive finally settled down..

if anyone has anu ideas please let me know!

i should really but i always feel a bit embarrased asking ... i dont want to say to them thatthe horse i ride sucks... but they are asking me to do something for the first time and im too busy trying to get a response... but ure right i really should ask.... they just sometimes ahve such a " you don't know what you are talking about" attitude but i have ridden a responsive well behaved horse and can feel the difference.. eeeeekkk

Ahem, you are the one thats paying for this aren't you, and yes, if they come back with a valid reason why you should always ride these ponies (apart from size) then ok, you then can make an informed choice. You've got nothing to lose by asking

Never say " your horse sucks" ! Horse riding is about communication and the same applies to people!

Just say you would like to try different horses at each of your lessons to find the best one for you.

Often you will find that RS has working livery horses - these are more likely to be attentive to leg and seat aids in my limited experience.

newrider.com