Finally: Spring grass kicks in good and proper!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Took Storm into the school last night, was planning on a bit of schooling and then a nice plod around the block. Humph. We had: half an hour of the Duracell rabbit running around (and I kid you not - she didn't even break into a sweat!!!!!). She simply would NOT stop for more than a few seconds. It all started when Mr T decided to go through the school gate at the other end (the one we usually make good our way into the outside world for a wee hack). Well, she thought she was going hacking. Wrong! She tried to follow OH and when I said no she had other ideas.
OH came back and set trotting poles out - in a bid to win her around (she loves them and knows it means jumps next time if she plays her cards right!lol). So, she JUMPED over the trotting poles - over and over and over......My arms and thighs are killing me today. Finally, the spring grass has done its "ooodoo" on her. I've read lots of threads on here about it, and I "thought" she had gotten over it earlier on, she has been bazzing about the field, but this was the real thing. Lol, she is 16 - somebody should tell her she's not 4............heheheheee.
Took her for a nice quiet hack this morning - different horse..........Until tonight..............................

I can totally empathise! At 18 Puzzle is by far getting the most dizzy on the Spring grass, I had to get my sticky jods on for hacking out yesterday! .....senile ol' bat that she is :giggle: I could understand if the 5yo or the 2yo were being particularly jolly, but all Bella is managing is an impromptue trundle round the field, Puz on the other hand won't be caught and would prefer to go on a hooly round the field with her tail on a stick and attempt to put in the same performance whilst out hacking.

A few horses passed the top of our lane whilst I was trying to get on yesterday, well it was more like riding a welsh stallion than a mare, we had a beautiful suspended trot with a tucked in head and a lorra lorra snorting!!!!

newrider.com