Finally Le Trec hits NZ and Cheeky is right there doing it!

Cochise

Jun 3, 2002
Auckland, New Zealand
Our first time trying a Le Trec competition. All obstacles are marked out of 10. We got 10 for the parallel poles and reverse out, 10 for the transferral of the bag from one post to another, 10 for the Wpoles, 9 for the mount, 10 for the trotting bank, 9 for walking over the little filler (he nudged it with his back leg), 10 for the trotting poles, 9 for the square poles and turn around, 10 for the tarpaulin, and 10 for the canter poles. So pleased with him!

The final results will be available later. The paces went well too as did the orienteering. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d34j4oZWpU0&feature=youtu.be

Now that looked fun! Sort of thing I'd love to work towards one day. You did really well. I am guessing you put in a lot of hard work at home getting your horse used to things like the coloured poles, what tray thingy? (was it plastic?). Anyway, well done! Is it coming into your autumn over there then? Still looked a lovely day.:smile:

He's 18 now and pretty much done everything, so didn't really do much training at all. :)

The tray was just tarpaulin.

Yeah, it's autumn and was a stunning morning - it's raining now, though. :)

Cheeky certainly made that look easy!

If your COP went well I am sure you will get a good result with such an awesome obstacle performance. Fantastic!

I am not a bit surprised, Cheeky looks like a real pro. Your navigation skills must be pretty good too! Did you know the area?

Congratulations!

newrider.com