Fell Ponies

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Today I was honoured to be offered YO's little Fell pony to hack out on. What fun he is. Such a little power house and so very willing to do whatever you ask. A proper 4 wheel drive pony too. He'd be amazing at long distance riding, you could go up hill and down dale, mooch about admiring the scenery or have a blast, he'd be up for it all. He jumps too - I've never known him refuse to do anything he's asked, in fact I've never known him do anything at all without quantities of gusto. A bit too much sometimes - he's very forward going.

He's also exceptionally sweet - nervous because he had a bad time after he was dragged off the Fell - but once he knows you're not going to hurt him he just wants to be friends. He's also the only pony I know who sucks polos.

Is this a typical Fell?

Sounds just like the little chap I nearly bought before I bought Belle, he was super 13.2 called Gaz, only difference is he wasn't nervous. The only thing that put me off him was I felt he was just a tiny bit too small for me, my feet were down by his knees bless him. Lovely pony though.

Yes totally fell all over - the more consistent all round ponies i've come across - they really do dabble at everything the ones I know. And very happily at that. They do still have the "pony" personality though, are very switched on and learn how to wrap people around fingers so whilst I've never seen a bolshy one, I have seen smart ones!!!

newrider.com