feeling very sore and sorry for myself :(

jennywren07

Feb 5, 2008
greenford, UK
Yesterday we went with some friends to the Herts county show they took their pony and another pony from the farm.

All went well and friends pony came 6th (brilliant for her first show next and the ring was next to a nice flappy cow tent) untill it came to going home. Other pony was loaded first then friends pony decided she quite likes it there and didn't want to go home. First pony was getting a bit fed up of waiting and i offered to stand in back and hold him (its one of those conversion rear facing boxes) One min he's stood there quite happily and the next he reared up and got his front legs over the bar/ partition :eek: initially i tryed to get him to hop back down but then he lunged forwards and i thought he was coming over!

I hopped backwards and snacked the back of my head/neck on the door frame them jumped out jarring my ankel :(

Luckly pony then decided to get back where he was ment to be and stood good as gold after that but it's deff put me off that sort of box! He often travels in a forward facing box with no probs.

So today i'm very stiff and sore and OH had to go do my two as can't move my head to well :(

Ouch, sounds horrible. Hope you are feeling better. Make sure you get loads of rest. Always better to be fully healed before you start doing everything again so you can be back to full health quicker. Keep on the chocolate and pain killers :D

Ouch, sounds very painful. I nearly bought a youngster who reared up over the bar, but instead of going backwards she somersaulted right over the top and squashed herelf in the jockey section of the trailer. Needless to say i refused to buy her after that.

i used to really like the look of those boxes but have hurd/seen so many either come out over the bar or try :eek:

Feeling loads better a week on but still still in the mornings :(

newrider.com