Feeling positive!*Long*

MaisieMoo

Oct 19, 2007
I don't know what it is but I'm having a bit of a nostalgic/reflective day today!!:confused::)

I usually spend so much time thinking of that needs to be done both in terms of my riding an C's progress that I very rarely take a step back and look at what we've achieved!

I'll be the first to admit that my own riding ability has suffered since taking on Mr C - the focus has been on developing his ability rather than mine but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make in order to bring him on although that's not what I'd looked for when buying a horse.

I'd initially considered him to be a well schooled horse - and he had been in the past for a short period but his time spent as a happy hacker left him unfit, uncoordinated and very unbalanced expecially in canter.

My RI commented after riding him a few times that he was not an easy horse to ride and needed support and confidence from his rider which in a strange way made me happy as in general I ride him reasonably well.

Looking at the video of him jumping last night I realised how far he's come - his trot and canter is balanced, controlled and steady, his jumping is, erm, enthusiastic and positive which is all I can ask for.

He's jumped cones, mounting blocks and anything I've asked him to and despite having never jumped anything than the odd 20cm cross pole before I bought him, we can now clear 2ft as a team and 2'9 on his own.

He's hacked out alone on busy roads and has behaved impeccably expecially for a horse that is only rising 6 and had come from a very quiet country yard.

I know this might sound like a bit of a self centred, self absorbed- I genuinely am so proud of my baby and have exceeded my own expections in being able to bring on a youngster despite my own doubts and I imagine the doubts of others!

I look forward to every minute I spend with him - he never disappoints only charms and amazes me!

Sorry for the long, soppy post! Here's a kiss from Mr C to make it worth your while!:D

DSCF2042.jpg

hey hun, your post isnt self centred at all, you have done sooo well with him you have every right to be very proud. In the time youve had C ive had 3 ! :eek:;)

Im sure your own riding ability has probably improved as well, even if you dont notice it yourself.

Im sure your own riding ability has probably improved as well, even if you dont notice it yourself.

Oh believe me it's gotten so much worse!!!!:D I don't mind as long as Mr C is happy to carry me - flappying legs and all!

How lovely to see such a positive post. :D

I hope you inspire a few others to think about what they have acheived too.
:cool:

I know, it's funny, we tend to focus on the things that don't go so well and miss the huge amount of improvement (that's why I started the blog, which I really must start again now our foot woes seem to be over). I often get a slight feeling that woe stories get more attention on NR, if you say something's going right you're boasting or rubbing it in, when other people are having problems - but what's wrong with celebrating success? :p If we don't do it, then we all start to believe that things not going right are the norm - where actually more things go right than go wrong, we just forget to post about them ;)

You and Mr. C are a cracking team - even just following your posts I can see what a change there's been over the last few months :) Are you about over the weekend at all, now we have fuel again? Would love to come and meet him in person.

See now you've got me doing it lol!!!

In about a months time I will be looking back over the year and you've got me crying already lol!!!

It's great that you feel right about what you have done and that you can see an improvement with C!!

It took that Show to make me realise how far I had come with Kia and how much of a blub I had in the car when Scott was taking me home!!

Well done on your progress hun!! It has been great hearing about it!!!

Nikki xxxx:D

See now you've got me doing it lol!!!

In about a months time I will be looking back over the year and you've got me crying already lol!!!

It's great that you feel right about what you have done and that you can see an improvement with C!!

It took that Show to make me realise how far I had come with Kia and how much of a blub I had in the car when Scott was taking me home!!

Well done on your progress hun!! It has been great hearing about it!!!

Nikki xxxx:D

Kia was an absolute star at that show hun - you have every reason to be extremely proud of him!:D

Kia was an absolute star at that show hun - you have every reason to be extremely proud of him!:D

Cheers!!!!

Scott thought the car was gonna flood on the way home!!!

We will seriously need to get some horse visiting done as soon as the weather gets better!! I have yet to mee your boy and I'm itching to do it lol!!!

Once I get a car sorted I'll need to get over!!! Piccies just arent satisfying the Casper fix now lol ;):D

Nikki xxxx

Cracking kisses Casper:D.

Good to hear peoples good news on here. I always find threads like this help to motivate me (Arnie is running for cover as I type:D)
xx

newrider.com