Feeling handy and going to attempt this with dad :-)

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
Well i am going to be getting the shed in the yard to keep all my horse stuff at home amd am after a locker of sorts for tack etc and my galavnised feed bins will come here.i have seen this and my dad thinks we can make it built into the shed :) will be march april before we do it for better weather and when dad isnt so busy with work. Anybody else made one or sometging like it before?uploadfromtaptalk1389205278458.jpg

Yes, my hubby is very handy and he made me similar shelving for the garage. Good luck with it, am sure it will be great:happy:

I have a 3 bin galvanised bin too, next to my shelving

I have a 3 bin galvanised too great for feed,the shed is 6x9 ft and dad thinks building it into the back 6ft wall will work the bwst,im trusting him as he knows best i will most likely pass tools and move things around and pay :) im excited about the locker but even more so about doing it with my dad i love doing things with him :)

Dads are fab aren't they! Mine built my stables when I was a kid. These days he passes the tools and makes me do the hard work! Will look forward to seeing the finished article.

Hmm when I get my own yard :wink: I will get my hubby to build me such a fabulous item :smile:

My OH made me something very much the same, but it only has one door.

He got all the wood off someones bonfire, including the door which came off a shed! He noticed it on the bonfire waiting to be burned, knocked on the door and asked for the wood. He was so pleased with himself. He has no shame. :redface:

Looks good mystique - hope you both enjoy making it. I spent my childhood watching both my mum and dad make stuff - I used to pester relentlessly for my own tool box! Dad made me one when I moved in with Mr T when I was 24 - sadly it finally gave up the ghost. Maybe I should have a go at making another.....

Flipos mum thats amazing that he built your stables :) dads really are just amazing!
Honestly tillytoo,its amazing isnt it what people throw away that can be useful to someone else :)
You should definetly try and make a tool box trews and let us see the finished product :)
He has told me i am to make a design with measurements and he will order the mdf,we were having a look in there today and think open front might be easier as there is already a door and locks its a stone outbuilding with a door pretty tuff :) so will build a back amd sides to fix everything too its all very exciting :)

newrider.com