Feeding a poor doer with dietry intolerances

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Well..

I am just after some suggestions really. Bless sox, I love him to bits but feeding him is a pain in the bum! Due to his gut issue. I have to feed a simple diet, so no cereals, high oil/ fibre and low starch sugar. So he has been on alfa a molasses free and fibre beet, along with linseed. However sox also has a skin condition which is made worse by alfa a products, soya oil and molasses... So again feeding is bloody tricky!!!
Currently the big giraffe is going onto speedi beet, linseed oil I am looking into either grass nuts or high fibre cubes.... due to him been a poor doer I have to feed large quantities which is accosting a bit!

Any suggestions?

Have you tried Coolstance Copra? It's made of ground up coconut fibre, so is very calorific (coconuts are incredibly high in fat) - high in oil, high in fibre, low in sugars. All our 4 have been on it over the winter and it has helped our poor doer stay reasonably covered and the good doers are looking good on it. It's incredibly heavy and absorbs a lot of water so a little goes a reasonably long way.

Here's a link to their website and claims http://www.stanceequine.co.uk/product-coolstance-copra. I'm sure they would send you a sample if you asked them.

newrider.com