Fed up with no one else pulling their weight, sorry ranty tues

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
No one else is poo picking, no one else is cleaning/ checking waters.

Every year exactly the same.

I've tried talking to everyone, notes on the whiteboard, talking to the yard owner.

Literally this stresses me out so much every year and I end up doing 3 barrows every day and up to 6 on my day off.

Help!

What's the YOs stance on this? Why aren't they cracking the whip with the other liveries? It's not fair if you are doing all the work!

This happens at our yard too. Last year I was the only one who was consistently poo-picking the field. I got so annoyed with the whole thing. This year YM has said she is sick of people not poo-picking and then the ones that do poo-pick moan about the ones that don't etc. She said that she is putting those that don't poo-pick in together and those that do in another field and that way there shouldn't be any moaning! I'm of the opinion that I'm poo-picking for my horses benefit and it is unfair that someone else's actions could potentially harm my horse and if they choose not to poo-pick then that should only be their problem not mine!!!

YO doesn't care, she has however tried asking everyone to do it. I think she should go down the route of charging people if they don't as it needs to be done. Our field is too small for number of horses in it really anyway.

They had been seperated for the last month, so ale was in with a couple of quiet boys and po picking was easy his field looks great at the moment. But now they are all going back in together so tonight I'm left with the task of doing the waters and as much poo picking as I can as I don't want my boy in such a minging field.

All you can do is to talk to them, or perhaps offer to do their share of poo picking if they pay you £10 per week each?

Luckily our fields are so big they do not need to be poo picked, but I would be mighty annoyed if I was doing more than my fair share.

I could do with some extra money so might actually ask them all, they could even donate to my sponsored bike ride or half marathon and ill be happy. What's the bet non of them do though, they don't seem to think it is important?

at my last yard it was the rule to poo pick. We had a Rota system for each field which worked well, and you could see who wasn't pulling their weight quite easily. We did have a quad and trailer mind, which made things fun! and easier!

There are only 3 of us on our yard, and we all have our own paddocks. Which is just as well as one of the other liveries doesn't poo pick his own paddock. I on the other hand poo pick everyday religiously without fail. Can't bear to see fields full of poo all i think of is WORMS and millions of the little blighters too, yuck!!!

a lot of people don't poo pick but rely on harrowing and resting the fields - and worm tests.

I don't poo pick in winter, I can't get a vehicle on the field, and it is physically impossible to poo pick 9 of them myself. So they are worm tested regularly, and the field will be harrowed rolled and rested.

newrider.com