Fed up of big weather now :rolleyes :

chev

May 7, 2002
right here, right now
We have a yellow weather warning in place for heavy rain again. It's hacking it down and has been all day. Add to that 35mph winds with gusts up to 45 to 50 mph and it's hellish out there.

And where were the ponies when I checked on them? Out in the middle of the field stuffing their faces. :rolleyes: They have plenty of shelter and although the top layer of their coats is wet, underneath that they're both warm and dry so I'm not worrying. Much.

Keeping fingers crossed that the weather improves soon. I'm fed up of fighting big winds and torrential rain now :( Anyone else suffering?

I rode in that today. 40mph wind was bad enough. And then it started hailing...... Keeping horses fit in winter is not much fun!!

Lots of vibes for anyone with bad weather. Ours has been glorious and beautiful, calm, still and dry. But in typical Storm fashion her leg needs yard rest so unfortunately they are confined to the byre and yard:rolleyes:when her leg does come good again it will no doubt be torrential rain and high winds. We did have snow and hail last Friday but thankfully it did not stick.

Calm weather vibes coming your way guys, its been grotty here but not awful but its calmed to clear skies here now, hopefully it's coming your way (the calm not the grotty :p)

Its just been freezing cold here we had really bad fog over the weekend but the rain is coming in overnight and is supposed to clear away by the morning...i can live with that. Hopefully it will calm down for everyone else. I saw on the news tonight some of the places in England badly flooded, the water was up to the roof on some cars parked in a street :eek::(

I rode in that today. 40mph wind was bad enough. And then it started hailing...... Keeping horses fit in winter is not much fun!!

You're braver than I am! Big winds + Dolly = rocket ride!

Amber alert again. Being by the sea is lovely providing it doesn't pop in.

We are a ten minute walk from the beach. The truck was covered with sand this morning where the wind had blown it up. Luckily we are not prone to flooding. The sand is bad enough!

I need to get weight off mine, but I won't ride in conditions where I could kill myself.
Our yard closes if it's really bad as in you are not permitted to ride in such weather.

I had a riding lesson. My theory is if my RI will teach in it then I will ride in it.

Awful here today. Heavy rain and high winds. No way would I want to ride in that!
Think it was quickest yard visit ever tonight.

I had a riding lesson today too. But that was indoors! Half the yard was coned off because the YO's garage roof was in the process of being blown off. Fingers crossed it survives the night (I don't hold out much hope for it).

I was talking to a jockey the other day who said they trained in all weathers.
But he doesn't ride his own in all weathers, he isn't getting paid for it now. :D

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com