Favourite tv programmes

Melrose

Jan 23, 2012
I don't watch a great deal of tele to be honest but I do LOVE; One born every minute. :smile: Love babies and very interested in midwifery etc. So make sure I watch it every week and it's on tonight! Yippeeee :dance:

Also love American dad - makes me laugh sooo much. :smug: and a bit of Family guy!

Other than that, I don't think I watch anything else. I like watching one off documentary's on things that interest me and showjumping etc. when it's on, but that's not often. :frown:

So what do you like to watch?

At the moment I am loving Call the Midwife, Miranda, Ripper Street and the new Dallas series has just started. Not much else catching my eye and we're watching more and more films on Netflix instead.

House
It crowd
Big bang theory
How I met your mother
2 broke girls
Family guy
The Simpson's!
My name is earl
Red dwarf
Green wing
Futurama!
And the undatables I think is really sweet.

I basically don't watch tv just watch my boxsets of the above over and over

We don't watch much telly, it sits in a cupboard in the caravan! lol but we have just started downloading stuff to the ipad from the bbc iplayer. I am loving Ripper Street (what a hottie that Captain Jackson is?!!!)
Love Death in Paradise - keep downloading that too.
Dr Who - love it to pieces and download whenever they appear (loved the Christmas spesh)

I also enjoy a Midsomer Murder, but you can only download those and watch in real time, so no good round at the caravan as the connection there is pants. Watched one the other Saturday afternoon though - the new guy is quite good too.

I have to admit to being a soup fan, Emmerdale and Coronation street.

I am not a 'can't miss' an episode but I do watch most days, its sort of the family evening ritual, cosy and comforting and funny.

I have watched Emmerdale since I was at school, used to stick it on in the afternoons on sick days or skiving days (had a lot of the later:wink:). Probably watched Corrie ever since it started, but really got into it in my teens when I was going out with a soldier from Manchester.

Other than that I like documentaries, Prof Brian Cox (aka 'The Sun Shines out of Uranus) 'What is life?' is very good atm.

Also enjoying 'The Mary Berry Story' loved the bit last night where she had polio and her dad brought her pony down to the hospital to cheer her up. What a gal!

I love murder and crime thrillers. Lewis in particular and a new Scott and Bailey is starting shortly.

I must sound like a right old tele addict, but in fact I only watch the stuff I want to watch then switch off. I can't stand having the thing on invading the living room otherwise

Oh you've made me think.. I also love; Keeping up with the Kardashian's and also Friends, of course. :smile:

I'm into my comedy so I love Miranda, QI, Have I Got News For You and and those sorts of things.

Controversially, I HATE Mrs Brown's Boy's!

I LOVE Mrs Browns Boys, OH hates it :giggle:

I like QI, HIGNFYU and my absolute favourite two shoes at the moment are Suits and Revenge.

I too love Mrs. Browns Boys, so very rude but so very funny! I also love QI - Miranda, HIGNFY, 8 out of 10 cats and Ripper Street. I agree Trewsers he is a real hottie isnt he?:giggle: Oh and I loved Larkrise to Candleford and had withdraw symptoms when it ended!

Well..... since I've stepped back from the pooter a lot I'm more into watching the telly than I've been for quite a few years...

Current faves are...

Dancing on Ice
Mr Selfridge
Call the Midwife
Big Bang Theory
Location Location Location
OBEM
Africa
Revenge and My Mad Fat Diary on E4 on a Monday
Pramface on BBC3
The Undateables
QI XL

And Downton and Doctor Who when they are on.... And I really enjoyed the Comic Relief Bake Off last week...

Ooh Ruskii.... I see you are a fellow Revenge watcher.... it's great, innit? Even Dom watches it.... in fact it was HIM that got ME into it!!! And he never normally goes for dramas like that.

Last edited:
we tend to record loads of programmes and watch them every few days so we can fast forward through adverts :) the ones we currently record are:

Blue Bloods
Silent Witness
Mr Selfridge
Glee
Arrow
Raising Hope

We also tend to watch alot on DVD, current ones we are watching are:

Dexter
Lie to Me

A lot of these programmes I have never heard of. Are they on SKY? Just wondering, I really don't want to spend any more time than I do watching TV, at the same time, I would hate to think I am missing something really good.

I can't stand Miranda:giggle:, I get it but she is such an oeuf? and the jokes are just so un funny and old hat. (Runs for hills!):giggle:

yeh mostly on Sky for us, we never ever watch live TV so often miss out on things being shown. Agree i can't stand Miranda or Mrs Brown Boy's!

Well..... since I've stepped back from the pooter a lot I'm more into watching the telly than I've been for quite a few years...

Current faves are...

Dancing on Ice
Mr Selfridge
Call the Midwife
Big Bang Theory
Location Location Location
OBEM
Africa
Revenge and My Mad Fat Diary on E4 on a Monday
Pramface on BBC3
The Undateables
QI XL

And Downton and Doctor Who when they are on.... And I really enjoyed the Comic Relief Bake Off last week...

Ooh Ruskii.... I see you are a fellow Revenge watcher.... it's great, innit? Even Dom watches it.... in fact it was HIM that got ME into it!!! And he never normally goes for dramas like that.

Forgot about My Mad Fat Diary its sooo funny

Why can't we have some really good NEW sitcoms, if I watch any more repeats of Only fools and horses, Dads Army etc I will go bonkers.

I did hope 'Going out' might be a possibility, as the cast is excellent, really haven't got into it, its like they are trying too hard, which is ruining the whole thing. Yikes I sound like 'points of view'.

One to watch out for is Martin Clunes - Heavy Horse Power although i think it is a one off documentary type . It is on thursday 7th feb on itv at 9pm

Their is an interview with him in the TV times and he talks about his two young Clydesdales Ronnie and Bruce. I didnt know he had clydesdales and he also mentions how Comtois are the Rolls Royces of horses :smile:

newrider.com