Favourite sellers for boots, tack?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
The birthday fairy wanted to buy me new Ariat boots but alas, my fav online seller (Eileen Douglas tackshop) has none in my size. So opted for a different style from a different seller. Now getting worried because I looked on their feedback (after I hit the paypal button) and it ain't all good! In fact, I have realised that even though some sellers have 99.3% it is all relative to the amounts they are selling.
Anyhoo I'd be interested to hear who you buy from online - if at all? And I do try buying locally but after trying on just about every pair of long country boots they had in stock none fitted me! So that was a no go.

I buy almost everything online, we don't have many options for good tack shops locally. I'm not hugely loyal to 1 place, I wont use ride away after a run in with them on a crap product some years ago and have avoided Derby House since they went into administration a few years back and their own products quality went downhill. I like ED, and performance equestrian (the owner was my neighbour for a few years) and I've used naylors. More often than not, for small things, I'll go via ebay sellers. I mostly use 3 stateside companies, chicks, riding warehouse and Dover saddlery, as I know they ship here ok and they have always been superb for customer service.

I avoid Derby House too. Rideaway were okay last time I bought something off them. But I do like to go via ebay because my details are already on the paypal system and instead of having to fill all my details in I can just click and buy. Not sure if Rideaway are on there. Anyway, I just hope my boots actually arrive without any hassles. Some of their feedback wasn't very nice.

Reactions: Jessey
I don't buy anything online. I have only ever bought a couple of things as I couldn't order any other way. We have one tack shop local which I went for a special trip to last weekend for the first time in a year. Its not that far away, I think about 20 miles down the motorway though. But they stock quite a bit and can order things in for you, relatively quickly. I ordered my hat silk saturday and they rang Tuesday to say it was in. They also have a complete second hand room of stuff which you can have a rummage through.

I just go with whoever’s cheapest. I usually check out Viovet first because they have some real bargains, but they only have what they have kind of thing - it’s not like a proper online tack shop with loads of choice.

Other than that any sale will do :p

newrider.com