Favourite horse chore?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
What is your favourite horse chore? (I know this has been done before but still.............)

Mine is opening a new bag of Happy HOof and placing it into my feed bin. Love the smell and feel as I squish it down............hehehehe....over to you.....

Tillytoo

Dec 2, 2010
east sussex
Looking at a lovely clean snuggly bed, deep clean straw, banks all even and in place, front bit swept clean, water and hay net done. Acheivement.

All ready to be wrecked, eaten, spread about, poo'd on and chucked over the stable door. :wub:

Wiz201

Nov 13, 2011
Grooming, especially when I get an untidy mane finally combed and laid on the right side of the neck!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Another one I like is seeing my filled nets - I like to fill 'em up in advance and it is weirdly satisfying to be able to just select one from the stack when I need it.............hehehe

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Oh I am so sad I like the bed when complete and ready for him. but I also like the field when ratwart, poo picked, water trough cleaned and dead hay rack up.

I like clean so every night I like to look back and see that every things is spec and span.

Ohhh I need a life

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
Oooo i just LOVE preparing all the dinners and putting the diff supps in, then stirring them with some warm water. Just satisfies me greatly lol! :giggle:

And i love seeing our little section of stables really neat. Concrete outside freshley swept, headcollars hung up outside each stable with leadrope neatly wrapped up, all mucked out, haynets ready and fresh water in buckets. I can go to work feeling happy then haha! :wub:

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
Grooming long manes and tails, especially if there is a really bad tangle to unpick. Its a real challenge to be able to do it without resorting to scissors :giggle:

Ooo yeah thats another one i love doing too! Nothing better than a freshly untangled mane & tail :wub:

I also love greasing up there hooves, i feel very good after doing that :giggle:

Feffie

Aug 25, 2010
I loooove making up the feeds, at uni there's 15 horses and making up feed for 15 is heaven and smelling all the different supps mmmm.
Also love love love mane pulling and feather trimming so satisfying!

domane

Gracie's mum
Jul 31, 2005
Same as Mr Ed.... laying down a bed with a bit of fresh straw on top.

I also like banking up for the day to let the floor dry.... I'm obsessive about sweeping up every last speck so I leave it pristine :eek:

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
I love everything, feeding is most pleasant. New bed, clean water, haynet excellent! Grooming and seeing them clean and cared for bliss. Pasture management, love it! even poo picking is so rewarding when field is all clean. Really enjoy farrier, love watching him work and chatting about this and that.
Vet checks, ow when they tell you your horses are well cared for and in excellent condition, same with dentist saddler etc. I love riding to but hate the getting in grooming tacking up bit. Don't ask me why I just get the what ifs?, but once I am on I change from negative to positive:dance::dance::smile: all my aches and pains disappear. All my worries dissolve. All I have to worry about is falling off and really that's no big deal. I have never in 45 years had a bad accident and I rarely fall of anyway.
Oh and the smell of them is divine, that sweet horsey smell when you bury your head in their mane. That was something that bought me back to them after a break. I love the whole thing, horsey friends not excluded. The 4x4's the horseboxes the mad hatter life we all lead is sooo magic. The ducking and diving to make things work financially, I could go on and on just love it. I am already in heaven. Oh and the yard dogs and cats. The mad kids and mad teenagers who will jump anything:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
I love mucking out ! I REALLY miss it at the moment since my boy lives out!

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
Feeding time itself, not the preparation but the handing out - cos in that moment you are THE most important person in their life :giggle:

I love mucking out too. Not the satisfaction of making it look pretty though - the actual act of mucking out, I find it therapeutic. Usually get my Ipod on and zone out while I'm doing the boxes.

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
I love grooming underneath parts. Bottom of face, bottom of neck, between front legs, tummy, inner thighs, you get the picture.

Ziggy loves it too!

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Well it involves poo - either mucking out or poo picking, depending on the weather. If it's a nice day poo picking wins, but I love mucking out too. Like joosie I find it therapeutic.