Farrier visit - post match analysis.....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
IT WAS FAB!!! :dance:

Joey now has front shoes, although he strode out well barefoot, his hooves are :poop: (they need some Janie, TLC) and I think he'll be a lot more comfortable with the shoes on...

Baby Boo did me proud :biggrin: We arrived, like a procession, myself, Dom, sharer and her 12yo daughter and TWO farriers! 3 of us went into the pen shelter that we'd already barricaded them in with a pile of hay, I held Pea and Dom held Boo and farrier set to work and he was an absolute angel. Farrier MOST impressed - thought he was wonderful :happy:

Whilst he was trimming Boo, we told him about Pea's chequered history with her feet so when he'd finished, farrier turned to her, made a big fuss of her, fed her a few treats and then picked up her near fore and near hind without any fuss or ado..... she was an angel for him. I'm so pleased as she seemed really calm and not that panicked, considering there were 6 humans around her and her baby!

All in all... a GOOD day :smile:

Brilliant, Cliff was the same and somebody said 'that's because he didn't know what to expect and he may not be so good next time ???

He was the same the 2nd time, brilliant, I think as long as you don't make a fuss they won't either :wink:

newrider.com