Farmer Giles

breeches

No talent, but tries hard
May 13, 2006
wiltshire
This is serious, but i wonder how long it will take for the thread to vanish.....

Does anyone have any recomendations for easing the pain relating to piles, whilst riding??????

A very good friend of mine suffers with Farmer Giles and it prevents them from riding......:eek:

Its not a thing i have ever experianced, obviously as i have always been a lover of bran based breakfast cereals.......

I will pass on your hints and tips later at the yard......;)

(i also hope everyone is keeping well)

Oooh piles (conjours up visions of Les Dawson dressed in his housewife's apron and turban - with folded arms:p ) Hows about padded undergarbs?????:D

My best friend's mum shared this pearl of wisdom, lie down in a nice warm bath and when you're relaxed and clean fingered ;) pop 'em back in. Either/or try Anusol :D

amandal said:
My best friend's mum shared this pearl of wisdom, lie down in a nice warm bath and when you're relaxed and clean fingered ;) pop 'em back in. Either/or try Anusol :D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Made me go all funny sitting on my office chair ... Never suffered from them, but I've heard they're painful ? :confused:

get a large soft sponge, cut out a circle (for piles) and glue to saddle.
no, not really :D
sorry to hear of your friends predicament, no useful advice to give.

Originally Posted by amandal
My best friend's mum shared this pearl of wisdom, lie down in a nice warm bath and when you're relaxed and clean fingered pop 'em back in. Either/or try Anusol
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

I had them when heavily pregnant with my third child yuuuuuuuukkkkkk *BLEK* :eek:

I found complaining loudly about my discomfort made me feel marginally better.. but of course, I didn't ride at that time so really am no help at all :p

HEMORRHOIDS ...? I've got PILES of 'em :D

amandal said:

Oooooh me wrists have gone all limp now:eek: :eek: :p :D

amandal said:
ye gods do they get that big?:eek:
off to munch some rabbit food quick sharp

I opened this thread because I thought it was something to do with nice young farmers or something along those lines ;) ...... am very disappointed to find what it's really about .......... as it's not something I've ever suffered from there is nothing I can add ....... I'm going to slope off now.

I wonder how many pages this thread will stretch to? Not too many I hope :p

Just spoke to mum who had them through both pregnancies and she said putting salt in the bath will reduce and soothe them.

Tell your friend to put loads of anusol on them, take some strong painkillers and grit her teeth. If they are bleeding she shouldn't be riding at all until they have settled. The GP can prescribe a stronger cream than anusol, ?scheroproct? Than is what my friend did:rolleyes:

newrider.com