FAO Staffs/Derbys people- First Aid Training

westendgirl_35

Apr 3, 2008
somewhere
Hiya I would just like to ask if there are any people who live in the Staffordshire/Derbyshire area who maybe interested in taking part in a First Aid training day which is being taught by the Red Cross later this month.
For further details please pm me.
Caz

I forgot to add that every person who completes the course will receive an Emergency Aid for Sports Certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Confirmed bookings need to be made by this Saturday (12th October). If there are not enough people for the course to run, the event will be cancelled. So if you are interested please pm me asap so I can give you the full details.
Caz

Just wanted to say that I start my first aid training through my Uni tonight and I'm really looking forward to it. It's a very worthwhile skill to learn :)

I would deffo agree with that and you will enjoy it. I did my first aid at work certificate a few years ago but it expired last year and I no longer work for the company that put me through it in the first place so I wasn't able to renew as I didn't want to pay out myself for it.
I am going to do the course I have mentioned on this thread next year though if possible because it is a very useful skill to have and you could literally end up saving someone's life by your own actions.
Caz

Just got back and thought I'd update - Was very impressed :)

Even though we only did basic stuff (pretty much just scene management and unconcious casualties) it was good, had a go at putting people in the recovery position which feels so awkward to go up to someone you don't know and to start shouting in their ears but hey :p Better to get it over with now than in a real situation!

newrider.com