Fantastic customer service from thorowgood!!

devonlass

May 20, 2006
devon
I just wanted to mention and shamelessly plug the services of Thorowgood.I have been VERY pleasantly surprised by their generosity and customer service.

Long story short I e mailed them recently to ask where could source some bits for a second hand saddle I recently bought as was struggling to find them,and they e mailed me back asking for my address so they could send them out for me free of charge!!

They came first class delivery couple of days later.
Wasn't massively expensive or large items but would have prob cost me at least £20-30 or so to get them plus any postage costs,so significant enough,and considering I didn't even buy the product new or have any proof of purchase etc I thought that was really good of them.

Anyway I just wanted to post and recommend by way of a thank you as not often get something for nothing these days and I was really impressed by them:smile:

That is good of them. It is so nice when companies do something like that. Premier Equine sent me some straps for free because Tobes had broken his. And it wasn't the fact that there straps were no good in the first place, just that Tobes was being a thug.

And nice of you to post about it - we are all quick enough to slate things, but not always quick enough to praise!

Thorowgood are fantastic like that. A customer asked us to make her more girth guards for her Thorowgood saddle as she had lost hers and couldn't buy them anywhere. I told her to drop Thorowgood an email, asking where she could buy some. They sent them to her free. :)

They have also sent out saddle screws to another customer.

Their customer service like this is brilliant. :)

I think Kent&Masters are part of the same firm, and they were just as helpful. I lost a knee block (how? and how did I not notice??? :redcarded:) and anyway I phoned to ask how I could source one and bingo, a pair arrived by the next post.

Absolutely fantastic.

And it wasn't the fact that there straps were no good in the first place, just that Tobes was being a thug.

And nice of you to post about it - we are all quick enough to slate things, but not always quick enough to praise!

That's the thing here as well,it's not like ones I had broke,I just bought the saddle (secondhand) and couple bits were missing.

It thought it was worthy of a mention,like you say credit where it's due and all that:smile:

I told her to drop Thorowgood an email, asking where she could buy some. They sent them to her free. :)

That's pretty much what I did and just offered to send the items out to me FOC.Very good level of customer service like you say.

Would have always been happy to recommend their products before,but would be happy to recommend them on all counts now:smile:

newrider.com