Fancy a course walk?

mu0ljk

Nov 27, 2014
I am taking part as a member of my RC team at the area qualifiers tomorrow at a ODE. I walked the course yesterday and was rather taken aback at how professional it all looked, but after a day to process it I *think* I might be tentatively looking forward to it! Maybe. Possibly.

I took photos of the course and thought I would share them with you if anyone wanted to look - I'm doing the 80cm class and apologies about the picture quality, I only used my phone and it wouldn't focus - not sure if I managed to accidentally smear sunscreen on it!
Fence number one!
DSC_0116_zpsglmktwrd.jpg

Two - it's jumping into the dark, but the jump is small enough to trot it if needed.

DSC_0117_zpsyxgy5v8l.jpg

Then Otto is going to tank off downhill with me for the first but not last time in this course!

Jump number three!
DSC_0121_zpso8ol8m4t.jpg

My bogey fence I think! It's a big step up and I don't think we will have the impulsion for the log!
DSC_0123_zpsqxebbed4.jpg

5!
DSC_0124_zpswdxhma81.jpg

Then up a steep hill
DSC_0125_zpsxw8kytua.jpg

And over these,
DSC_0126_zpsumbsgcwp.jpg

DSC_0128_zps497yfkcy.jpg

Then another steep downhill bit where he will pull me down it! Lots of time to canter on until we get to the next jump into the next field. Quite like the look of this one!
DSC_0129_zps2efbs6vc.jpg

Then this double,
DSC_0130_zpsvr7klq52.jpg

How narrow is this one!?
DSC_0131_zpslbv1aljj.jpg

I actuallt tried to recreate this one with a jump and then a narrow jump with a filler which we managed today so fingers crossed. I'll be happy to jump this one!

Then a big long flat gallopy stretch (if we are still able to!)

And over this one which hopefully should be ok,

DSC_0132_zpseseghqpj.jpg

Then to a dog leg
DSC_0134_zpsh0bgkjxk.jpg

DSC_0135_zpsvfk5prcq.jpg

A nice little one before the water - I didn't actually take a photo of the water as we barely have to go through it in our class, just skirt through the edge, and then over a stream and up yet another steep hill!
DSC_0137_zpsz6ufkrnc.jpg

DSC_0138_zpst1tdy7jh.jpg

Last two!
DSC_0139_zpsy6rqphon.jpg

DSC_0141_zpsvvfph1my.jpg

So, yeah. It's a proper full up to size course, and I just keep telling myself that it's only 80cm and we can do 80cm right? :eek:

I'm on at 10.33 for the dressage, and then 11.39 for the showjumping and 12.18 for the XC - tack is polished and clean, Otto has been trimmed and washed...eek! Wish me luck pretty please! My aim is to have fun, try and get round and not to be scared to pull out of a jump if I think we are going to mess it up.

Gulp. :oops:

What a fantastic course! What beautiful jumps! I so envy you being able to do something like that, how wonderful. You'll need to give him a good nudge on up the step for number 4 but he is a keen chap, isn't he?

Reactions: mu0ljk
Yes I think you are right Jane&Ziggy, he usually is keen, I've just got to make sure that I'm riding positively too!

I can manage the hills if I ride past everything else :)
It looks a nice course I like the cross one.
The xc I did it all looked inviting and then some nit builds it on a hill! ;) I think they look so much different on slopes, I struggle riding downhill let alone sticking a barrier in my way.

I envy you too!! That looks awesome!!:D:D:D
I see the barn one had the 3 sizes- did the others have the options too???
The place near here that has a big xc course all the jumps have 3 sizes.
The photos were fine!!!;)

Thanks guys! It was a blast! I had so much fun, I was literally shaking at the knees as I got on but as soon as we went through the start box it was all fab! I will do a proper report tomorrow but I was happy with our dressage, we knocked a pole in the showjumping and we got 20 penalties in the XC because he tried to refuse number two (the blue one into the dark woods). He refused, I tried to push him on but we ended up right up against the jump so I didn't want to push him over it incase he tripped or something. But, asides from that he flew around and we even got a mention on the tannoy for my whooping over one of the jumps lol!

We ended up 8th, which I am chuffed to bits about! We didn't get placed as a team but I'm pretty happy with the result! :cool::D

I know im late on this cos ive only just joined and im catching up but that was a super course - where was it if you don't mind me asking - you did fantastic too - I bet you cant wait for the next one now

Reactions: mu0ljk
newrider.com