Falling off a horse

Lydia21

Feb 1, 2017
Hello, after not riding for two months I managed to get back riding and continue my lessons but in the middle of rising trot not long after coming around the comer I slipped of, I think that due to the fact that my saddle slipped sideways that my girth wasn't tight enough as I lost my stirrup and then the next second I am on the floor with the wind knocked out of me, I landed on my side in the sand arena. I wasn't injured but I am wondering what pain I will be feeling the next day, as I am already a bit sore from the hour lessons and some of my mussels are sore. Have included a picture of the horse (Lanagen) that I was riding, have also ridden him quite a few times.

Attachments

• 12310647_10205529466022637_5311747676867491528_n.jpg
    12310647_10205529466022637_5311747676867491528_n.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 17
Aw no, you'll probably feel a big battered and stiff, a hot bath with some Epsom salts helps if you have some :)

Sadly being a student and in a student accommodation I only have access to a shower :(, I felt fine until I got out of bed and then I was like oww, I'll be like that during my lecture tomorrow and i'll get no sympathy of my friends they don't ride but they thought it was funny when I told them. :) :)

Keep moving around, like walking and etc, sitting for long periods will make you stiffen up! But they say you have to fall off 100 times before you can call yourself a rider so you're on your way!

Ouchy. Not much you can do if your saddle slips, apart from learning a very useful lesson, ie check your girth.

I have always been advised to take painkillers, as easing the pain helps you to keep moving, which in turn prevents your muscles from tensing and becoming more painful.

Part of riding I'm afraid lol

The best cure for sore riding muscles and bruises I find is to have another go:) It'll loosen your muscles and help with your confidence;)

. I wasn't injured but I am wondering what pain I will be feeling the next day, as I am already a bit sore from the hour lessons and some of my mussels are sore. Have included a picture of the horse (Lanagen) that I was riding, have also ridden him quite a few times.

That my dear depends on how old you are! :D :D, If I fall off these days it takes me a few days to recover, In the old days it hardly registered. Best remedy for sore muscles is gentle movement, Keep things stretching and moving as much as you can. Heat pad can be a boon too.

Though in my old age I find my TENS machine is great for all manner of muscle pains and general injuries.

It depends on the fall as to how hard it hurts. I fell in April last year, it hurt for four months as I landed badly on my arm. I fell just before Christmas. I walked away with no pain not even the next day. I fell a couple of weeks ago and whilst I had no pain from the actual fall. I didn't let go of the reins and the horse pulled away so next day my left arm and shoulder had pain from the strain.
Take some ibroprofen. Either hot or cold pack or cold shower.

newrider.com