Expensive supplements are not always best!

martini55

Apr 16, 2004
Scotland
Visit site
When Martini was diagnosed with slight arthritis last year my vet recommended I started her on cortaflex. I did so on his advice and did notice an improvement. However, I have just realised there was a lot more improvement to be had! I recently switched onto Equiflex and today was the first time I have longreined her since doing so. I could not believe the difference in her and how well she was moving! I have not seen her move so well in a long long time, so to say I'm happy is a bit of an understatement:D Another benefit is it is cheaper than cortaflex, which is good news since treating cushings isn't going to be cheap! So if you are thinking of starting your horse on a joint supplement then the more expensive supplements aren't necessarily better, as Martini has just proved to me.

So a big thank you to wonkeywoody for recommending it to me as it has worked wonders :)

Last edited:
useful thread, have been considering putting madam on some sort of joint supplement but hadn't looked into it, beyond pulling a face at cortaflex prices!
Shall google equiflex :).

Had you tried cider vinegar at all? I've started that to see if it makes a difference (none so far), not sure on dosage, or indeed if it can be effective! There's lots of anecdotal evidence but nothing 'scientific'.

Thats good to know - I have recently swopped from superflex to equiflex as it is that much cheaper and seemed to have the same active ingredients in it.

newrider.com