Exercise DVD... Extreme Shed and Shred

Rubic

Equine Karaoke Queen
Apr 15, 2012
Glasgow
I'm a massive fan of this DVD (Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred). In around 2 weeks of me doing the first level of it 4/5 times a week I have lost a little bit of weight and my arms and stomach look so much more toned. I'me really pleased with the results and I find that she is quite motivating and not too annoying when you are doing all the exercises.

Today I decided to have a shot at level 1 followed by level 2. I hadn't watched level 2 before. I was seriously shocked, I couldn't do half the moves and the ones I could do were sheer torture! The people on the DVD are machines and even they looked to be struggling at points. Anyway I am feeling determined. I figure I'll continue to do the moves I can off it and eventually I'll maybe be able to do the rest.

I am just trying to reduce (if not eliminate) my "love handles"/"muffin top" and get a bit fitter. I feel much better about myself already to be honest and it is a very nice feeling:D

So for anyone who is looking for a good exercise DVD I'd say get this one!

Here is a link to a video with some clips of it

I'm finding level 1 easy now and am building up to do the harder versions of the moves I had previously been doing the easy modifications of but level 2 (clips from about 50secs onwards) I struggled with even the "easy" version!

PFB, this one the work outs are 45min each (about 30min workout and 15min warm up cool down), there is another one called 30 day shred, think my mum has that and by the sounds of things the workouts are really similar. Level 2 is a killer!

Last edited:
Yeah it's 30 day shred I have.

ObC it's an intensity interval work out - a few minutes cardio followed by a few minutes strength followed by cardio etc etc.

I like the balances and yoga-inspired moves. I think I may be getting a bit crusty for jumping into lunges though :(

My favourite move in the first level is sun salutation. I think it has been adapted a bit from the normal yoga version in this though. The lunges are tough as are any kind of push-up! I was finding it tough to change gear in my car today because my muscles were achy!

Im ok with push ups, but lunges not a chance my knee gives way :( I admire you though Rubic, I've given up years ago doing those kind of exercises.

Oh I like. I know some of the moves the round the world push up and gun drill lunges we do them at work. I like a good DVD but struggle to find any that really burn but this looks excellent. Off to amazon to get a copy.

You'll probably find level 1 easy peasy OBC! It's taken me 2/3 weeks to manage to do all the moves and start moving onto some of the advanced ones. I now do all of level one and the 1st circuit of level 2 (I can really feel my muscles working in that one so it must me good!!!), I figure I'll just build myself up to level 2 gradually!

I did the 30 Day Shred a couple of years ago and it really worked toning me up before going on my summer hols. I'm going to try the Extreme one then. I like a challenge!

Reactions: Rubic
I did my first session on this today. My mate told me to go straight to level 2 as she has done the dvd and knows my fitness level.

I loved it. It was not easy got my heart rate up a little it is deffo more on the toning side than weight loss high intensity cardo blast but I get that from running. Aiming to do it twice a week as that is all I have time for at the moment. Burned 245 cals so happy with that.

The hardest part was the yoga balance from 2 to 3 position as my balance on my bad ankle is still not bck to 100% but this will really help and I feel great now

newrider.com