Excited and nervous about poosmates visit

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Today is the day, I am really glad he's coming but I'm starting to get nervous about what he might find the problem is, maybe it's my fat butt, not just the saddle. I really hope it's an easy fix, I've got everything ready, including the bickies, I've just got to wait another two and a half hours.

Only just seen this. Poohsmate is lovely and by now you will have found you have nothing to worry about!

What did he suggest?

He's great :) But :( As jess has to have a month off and lots of unridden work. He's taken my saddle away to change the flocking, which is a bit frustrating as it's only just been done but hey ho, if it needs doing. At least I can't be tempted to ride to see how she feels.
But good news that it's hopefully not a permanent problem and she just needs more time to get everything working properly before putting the saddle back on.

He's great :) But :( As jess has to have a month off and lots of unridden work. He's taken my saddle away to change the flocking, which is a bit frustrating as it's only just been done but hey ho, if it needs doing. At least I can't be tempted to ride to see how she feels.
But good news that it's hopefully not a permanent problem and she just needs more time to get everything working properly before putting the saddle back on.

Aw sorry to hear about no riding, but you will be able to do other stuff? Are you okay to lunge / long rein etc? In hand walks etc?

Yeah she has to do at least 20 mins daily, luckily I can steal Mani 3 or 4 times a week so will pony her out off of him, then going to try leading her off my bike (I'm not sure this is the best of ideas but we haven't got to do roads and I could really do with the exercise) or lunge/long rein on the other days.
I'm gutted about no riding, but I've got to get her 100%, I was hoping to do a 15 mile charity ride around sandringham on the 13th October, and to ride the last 50 miles of our big ride (where we had to pull from) but hey oh, that might just get done this year but will be B&B instead of camping along the way.

Reactions: poohsmate
Well even though it pee'd down all afternoon I decided to brave it and rode and led, went out for about 45 mins and did about half and half, walk and trot and they were stars :D No through the ears pictures, with 2 ponies and the pouring rain I decided today was not the day for it.

Jess has been lead out her entire life and mani was trained to race so used to being in a string so they are pretty easy to manage, i could have done without the rain and my big rain coat that goes with it[emoji3]

Reactions: poohsmate
So the charity ride you did recently you had to pull out of, or this ride was another one?
I enjoy groundwork, the riding is just an extra bonus.
Take a picnic and go off for a few hours inhand-just take enough food. I had eaten most of it part way as I knew I had food on board.

Reactions: Trewsers
Yeah we had to pull at 75 miles from our big charity ride, I want to go back and finish that route. then I was hoping to do the sandringham ride next month aswell and possibly another big (100+ miles) ride, though not for charity, this year also.
I took her out last night alongside my bike and we did a few miles, she tends to get bored if its all at my walking pace and I'm not fit enough to run any distance with her.

newrider.com