ever so slightly bored. :(

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Feeling rather guilty even posting this but just wondering are there other owners out there like me -never happy! :(

After a break of 3 weeks or so, mostly due to weather and just being too busy with the charity stuff, about a week ago I started hacking Dolly out daily again. Well she has been an angel personified - hasn't put a foot wrong for the last 6 or 7 hacks out no matter where I take her or what I ask from her. Still nicely forward going etc. but just....erm ......very 'good' :oops: No surprises, no silly spooks at mice farting in the hedgerows, no slamming the brakes on mid canter because last weeks familiar lumps of wood/'stone/ flowers/ shrubs and debris have morphed into monsters in the interim.

Definitely all fit and well...but just wondering has she suddenly matured into the sensible old mare she should be by now (16) and also matured into the perfect horse I thought I wanted. I have to admit to feeling ever so slightly bored by our non eventful hacks.:rolleyes: Jaysus I will regret this when she reverts to her usual 'interesting' and on her toes mare'ish mare antics and dumps me on the road next week lol! :p

I know what you mean. These days I love it when Raf is silly/spooky/excitable, mainly because I like to know he's feeling well (Raf being 'good' was the first sign of his Cushings). I get bored of uneventful rides, which is why I like to go off to explore new places on our own, or do something which I know he can summon up enthusiasm for, like hunting. I've come to the conclusion that I like a bit of jeopardy (which was a total surprise as I hate things like roller coasters and always thought I was a total wimp) :D

I wish I could say the same! I cantered Ziggy in company today with a competitive Sec D mare and he was a complete tosspot, head up, mouth open and galloping for all he was worth every time he heard her hooves behind him. I would have enjoyed it except my phone was trying to jump out of my pocket!

He's 17. Enjoy the boring bits. Don't worry, an interesting bit will come along soon!

I have just had non eventful in season rides and I love it. :D Its the time she hadn't been even more spooky than spooky.
Ok we get the forehand farts but they have been dainty by the usual standard of how's your balance let's check it.

I met riders out and one had her feet out of the stirrups. My first thought was 'I bet that's a calm ride!'

@Cortrasna I hope mine has matured way before 16 because I will be on valium. :eek:

Oh how I would love that type of boredom lol Marley is very unusually spooky...he tried to spin and run yesterday because he saw a cyclists in the distance, yet we had numerous cyclists pass us on our travels and he didn't bat an eye:rolleyes: I am wondering if it has anything to do with his cushings that he has just been diagnosed with??

Reactions: Cortrasna
Cortrasna indie is doing the very same to me at the moment! I'm a bit suspicious she is sending me into a false security :rolleyes:
I'm loving it because she's usually a maniac . She usually goes on her toes snorting and prancing down the road sideways so much so to the point I almost sold her, and stopped hacking her on the road! I would give anything to keep her that way so enjoy this moment with Dolly, I'd give anything for a canter that I could relax in instead of wondering when it would turn hairy! :D

Reactions: Cortrasna
Ginger I hope has come through his last bought of stupidness. I love his spirit and his character and I have always loved the challenge that getting on him bring but the last couple of week were an extreme even for him. I don't mind but we have been at the same place for over 4 years and riding in the same school there was just no need for the display he put on the other day its the closest I have come to a fall while doing flat work in a long time.

I love a hack when I come back and say wow he was awesome today but that actually just means he was good on the road to the yard and I have somehow forgotten the bad bits of the ride lol

Hahaha love this thread!:D
Well after thirteen years of riding a coiled spring I am thoroughly enjoying riding Zi, who although has plenty of oomph when asked feels so much nicer and normal than the madam ever did. I just hope he's not tricking us lol and is going to turn bonkers any day soon!! Not sure I could cope with another one......o_O

You could do something completely different and see what happens.
I had an idea to do something in prep for what I plan later on. My ideas can sometimes have a hole or two.
The cob was fine but the herd went crazy! :eek: I need more prep before the prep! :D

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com