eventfull hack and a rant about idiot riders!

perkypinky

Nov 13, 2007
I'm sorry but i am so angry i am going to burst if i don't get this off my chest!
Went out with my OH on his horse this morning, D is a bit iffy at this time of year but im coping! Had a nice trot and i was feeling quite confident so told my OH that we could canter......D rodeo'd!!!:eek: I held onto my balance strap and wasnt too worried. OH was shocked - he always thought i exagerated D's 'moments' but saw one today! He then arsed about going backwards and getting into a state wouldnt go forwards ect. I usually have to take him home at this point but as OH's horse is very good and stood still i sat it out and eventually was able to carry on with our ride - another step forward for us:) As we were walking along the bridleway, a man on his horse from the yard next door was cantering towards us on the stubble. I kept waiting for him to pull up to walk (or at least trot) past us, but NO he carried on cantering right past! :mad: Luckily D only looked surprised! We carried on with our hack and were walking home along the bridleway when D did a spook - there were 2 horses from our yard coming along behind us (man and a girl - total ignorant c*cks) - they saw his spook so were obviously aware that he was a bit 'up' this morning. Any way we had at trot when the track was better so as not to hold them up. We were coming up to the road and walking when all of a sudden D did a huge spook and spin ending up going backwards down a dip onto the feild - the 2 idiots had trotted right up behind us! :eek: D was very upset - they never apologised or in fact didnt say a word. I calmed D down and we started to walk towards the road but they kept coming D did another nasty spook. We got onto the road where the was a variety of cars/vans waiting to pass ect. After about 5 mins they suddenly came trotting up behind again - now bearing in mind that e are only about 5 mins away from the yard there was absolutly no need for them to be doing it! D got upset and i asked if they wanted to pass. The ignorant c**k of a man said no so i carried on - they then trotted past us and all the way back to the yard!
When we got back i was filling my water bucket up when they walked past me and SMIRKED! How i didnt wrestle them to the ground i dont know - What i DO know is that i will have the last laugh!!!
RANT OVER!!!!!

Oh dear, this is just the sort of thing that used to happen to me and OH. We went for a hack once on old yard and it was obvious to everybody that we were quite nervous - everybody knew us and our horses weren't very used to hacking, so were were meant to be just taking it slowly in walk with a tiny bit of trot. Three folk decided to come hammering past us - despite OH asking nicely if they'd slow down they just laughed and ignored us. To say I was fuming is an understatement! I thought it was mean of them, as they knew us - and didn't even give us a chance. Yes, I know you have to learn to cope with all different kinds of things out hacking but it was very unreasonable of them at the time, there was no excuse. So, I feel very sorry for you - try and put it behind you and look at the positive, at least you lived to tell the tale and it sounds like you both handled it well. Good luck for next time!

These people are not worth a t***. They probably consider themselves very
'good' riders but obviously have 'push button rides'.

They have no experience of 'young or excitable or indeed, more complex Horses.

Its such a shame that there are unfortunately people like this in every sphere of life not just horsey circles.

You survived, and lived to tell the tale, put it behind you, they are Morons.

eventful hack and a rant about idiot riders!

These kind of morons really make me angry! I do think tho that they are this selfish in all areas of their lives, not just as riders! They also give the rest of us a bad name, because you can bet your life they are just as ignorant on the roads, whether driving, or riding, and have no respect for anyone or anything outside their own kingsized egos!

They are ignorant, arrogant low lifers, and don't deserve to be around such magnificent creatures as are our equine soulmates!

Just makes you more determined to prove that we are not all like them, by being as courteous and considerate, both as riders, drivers and to everyone around us?

Roseanne xxx

Some people have absolutely no consideration for others and it really gets on my wick!

Either that or they are just plain ignorant - I wonder sometimes but then I think no, surely nobody can be that stupid...can they?!

:mad:

NExt time they are out and about make sure you have party poppers;)

What idiots!!! They obviously knew what they were doing next tiem just thump them!!

I know if I was out with Scott there was no way he would have stood that they would have been dragged off their horses!!!

Nikki xxxx:mad:

I wouldnt have minded at all if they had called out that they wanted to pass and was it ok? but to keep trotting up behind us was just ignorant. My OH just kept quiet. BUT had i have fallen off or cried, all hell would have let loose! He used to be a bouncer!:eek: So it was probably best that nothing bad happened. Added to that trauma of this morning - we had the dentist this afternoon - D was very afraid - his teeth were really sharp and needed a lot of work doing, he managed to get them done eventually as is booked in for next year but want D sedated next time - Oh i shall be glad when todya is over- im exhuasted with all the drama! :rolleyes:

That would really upset me-I won't ride when there are certain kids in the school cos they let their ponies fly round and naturally, mine gets a bit joggy! They could have asked to pass, not zoomed past when you'd asked already. Very ill mannered!

completely off the thread but just to say you can have REVENGE (will keep this short as long story) Work at a school some idiot always parks on zigzag lines i had a run in with him and he drove in a manner likely to injure some of our school children in response to my asking him why he was parking there he had absolutely no consideration for others:mad:. Anyway, school council (children) went out I went with them outside our zigzag lines with poster like parking here could cost a life etc.. The look on this guys face when he drove past and realised that by parking on the zigzagswhile everyone was busy looking was going to be so humilating. I felt much better.:D

newrider.com