Equine/tenington touch therapy?

perkypinky

Nov 13, 2007
My freind is currently doing a course on this therapy. She has to do case studies as part of her training and is having a go with D. He had his first session this morning. She said that he was tight in the poll/jaw area and gave him treatment. He almost closed his eyes while she was doing it.
Has anyone any experience of this treatment and how did you find it helped your horse (or not as the case may be!)
thanks
x

I havent had it done with any of mine, although i do try to do a fair bit of groundwork (the stuff i do is similar i guess)
I do know that the aim off TTEAM is to increase the horses confidence, control and your communication/understanding.
Heres a website link, explains fully on there :) -
http://www.ttouchtteam.co.uk/
Personally i think its great, ive heard stories of it really helping, especially with rescue/"problem" horses.Although i can't back this up as like i said, i havent done it myself, i deffinately would try it though.
x

I've used basic T-touch on my horses & also for dogs, & find it is very good for relaxing them. (The basic one where you move the skin in a specific circle pattern in random parts of the main body area) I showed it to a class of puppy owners once, as one lady had a very hyper collie pup. By the following week, she had totally sorted her pup, & was keen to demonstrate how she could quickly relax him so much he just lay prone - in the middle of a lively group ! Great result! Give it a go!

newrider.com