Equine Affaire was awesome

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
It was an awesome day !!;):):D
The versatility set up a first look did not seem that hard but It included a lot of
intricate maneuvers. Wow its amazing the fun set up for side pass you can do with
4 poles ;) Setting that up here !!:D.

Shopping was awesome:D ( my husband wou ld probably say "too awesome"):(.

I got a great Idea for a few things to practice at a clinic.;)

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2037.JPG IMG_2042.JPG

One scary incident early on :eek::eek::eek:. The horse freaked pulling the tarp with tin cans tied on it and your supposed to pull it thru the cones then turn and back up pulling it over to the start. He bolted off spun around the person would not drop the rope and the horse got all caught up in it:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. He was ok but it was quite scary to see.

It is a shame its so far to go. It would be fun to go more than one day but at
80 miles away its really out of my comfort zone driving and one day is as much as I can drive.

It was 80 miles from the old house and :confused::confused::confused::confused: Yesterday it was just 80 miles as well :p:p:p:p Just from a slightly different direction.:mad:
I was hoping it was going to be closer but at least thank god it was not further away.

I don't know I think they may have thought it would right it self out but geesh you have gone half way across the arena
the horse in panic and rope getting tangled--big entry fee or not DROP THE ROPE.

I am not sure how dropping it early on would have played into being disqualified or not.
I also think its quite pricey to enter.

It was very very scary to watch.

Well despite the scary incident it sounds like a great venue, a bit like Your Horse Live or HOYS that we have here. Glad you had a great time :D

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I always fancied Your Horse, never got there when we lived in Lancs, it would mean almost a full week away now! The shopping was always meant to be fab!

I didn't go this year, I've been for the last four or five years and while there is loads of shopping options I never found any screaming bargains and I hate crowds so always found it more of a chore than a pleasure.

I didn't go this year, I've been for the last four or five years and while there is loads of shopping options I never found any screaming bargains and I hate crowds so always found it more of a chore than a pleasure.

Ah yeah, I'm not too good with crowds - I'd probably spend more time roping around and end up buying nothing!

For sure my horses safety comes first and I have no idea why she did not let go - I may have had noting to do
with the big entrance fee she totally could have panicked a bit her self and froze up but the whole arena was
yelling "DROP THE ROPE"

There are some bargains at Eq Affair not loads but its also the place to see lol all things "HORSEY"
and get some hard to find things- I was trying to find a horsey Creamer and not a lot of luck and I found a really nice one there;)
There are several buildings and the large arena and there are multiple clinics going on at all times
it runs 4 days it would be fun go back several days but its just too far a drive for me.

For sure my horses safety comes first and I have no idea why she did not let go - I may have had noting to do
with the big entrance fee she totally could have panicked a bit her self and froze up but the whole arena was
yelling "DROP THE ROPE"

There are some bargains at Eq Affair not loads but its also the place to see lol all things "HORSEY"
and get some hard to find things- I was trying to find a horsey Creamer and not a lot of luck and I found a really nice one there;)
There are several buildings and the large arena and there are multiple clinics going on at all times
it runs 4 days it would be fun go back several days but its just too far a drive for me.

OK now Im curious, what on earth is a 'horsey creamer?' lol

Lol a little pitcher to put cream on the table for coffee.

I can find lots of generic ones and cows ugh but could not find any horsey ones:mad:IMG_2068.JPG
lol I even found something "goat" lol
tote bags made out of goat feed sacks ;);)

IMG_2067.JPG
and I got a great idea for a freestanding toilet paper holder
they had a towel on it - it works great by the sink
( I need to find some thanksgiving kitchen towels)
I ordered some horsey ones that have not come yet
I did not find any towels at equine affair:(.

IMG_2066.JPG
I was kind of surprised I could not find some towels :confused:.

This was by far the best though;):):D
I have wanted one of those horseheads for many years.
We wont put it out til next spring though it needs to be preserved with clear coat.

IMG_2012.JPG

and I will have a lovely spot to put it!;);)
He does some amazing carvings hmm maybe next year
a goat :rolleyes::rolleyes:

IMG_2016.JPG

This bench was totally amazing
but way out of my price range.

IMG_2013.JPG

newrider.com