Equestrian clothing preferences and shopping habits

LauraM_55

Oct 28, 2022
Hello,

My name is Laura and I am conducting some research into the equestrian apparel market. I am particularly interested in rider's clothing preferences and shopping habits and have created a short (15 question) survey which is available via the following link:

https://forms.office.com/r/ZE2NAUtYmy

The survey is completely anonymous and any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time,
Laura

Hi Laura.
Who will receive this data?
What will it be used for?

Hi Frances144, thanks for your reply!

I am considering starting my own equestrian apparel brand and the data captured by the survey will be incredibly useful in helping me understand the needs of my target audience. I will be the only person with access to this data (which is 100% anonymous).

The underwear question may seem odd but is a topic which comes up regularly between myself and friends. We seem to be struggling collectively to find something both comfortable and invisible under breeches/leggings!

Thanks,
Laura

Done, although the question of equestrian brands forced you to pick an option and there was no choice for ā€˜noneā€™ to be selected. Most of my jods come from Aldi in their equestrian special buys.

Reactions: LauraM_55
Done, itā€™s not the best survey for whatā€™s important to me though, what brands Iā€™ve previously bought has little bearing on if I would buy your own brand and you hardly captured any of the brands I have used over the last 40 years.
Even the knickers question, doesnā€™t really go into enough details as the features of them really matter! And you assume everyoneā€™s priority is VPL, not always the case!
And I donā€™t keep my horses at home, but theyā€™re not on any kind of livery either.
Not a very well thought out survey.

Last edited:
I haven't filled in.
If I need it I buy it.

If you plan on starting up a business you need to decide your target age market.
I have never had issues with underwear.

Done, although the question of equestrian brands forced you to pick an option and there was no choice for ā€˜noneā€™ to be selected. Most of my jods come from Aldi in their equestrian special buys.
Very good point! I'll add a 'none of the above' option for this question.

Thanks for completing the survey.

I have completed it.
But this survey is ill designed.
For instance about height. Under 5 ft 3 and then 5 ft 4 means there is no response for people who are 5 ft 3.
This work would not be acceptable even at school level in the UK and even googling for help on questionnaire design might have heped you.

I have myself used a questionnaire in research and one thing you should always do is to send out just a few copies of the questionnaire so people can point out the small mistakes you have made.

I do regularly use some UK brands but they are not even listed here.

Same ā€¦ I donā€™t own any of the brands listed either, just picked one at random to submit the form.

newrider.com