Engagement party invites?

Midnight_Ashes

Apr 1, 2008
County Durham
OH and I have just gotten engaged but we are waiting until summer to announce it. The party will be in August, how long would you say is suitable for notice for guests? Like how soon should we send out the invites lol?

There's obviously something in the NR air these days...:D

Congratulations to you both! Though how you are going to keep it secret now, I have no idea :)

I organised a surprise 70th birthday party for my dad a few years back and gave the guests 8 weeks notice with the invites. But for something in August, still the holiday season, I'd give 10. You'd be surprised how long it takes people to get back to you whether they are coming or not. From my experience :D do make sure you specify a date when you need to know by, eg RSVP by 7th July, so you have plenty time to inform caterers and the likes before the big event. And there will always be one (or more) who let you know a couple of days before that they can manage it after all!

Will look forward to update, photographs, and definitely a pic of the ring!

Congrats. A month is enough notice i'd of thought.
Now how do i get my OH to propose please? Been together 4 years and known each other about 8 and everytime i think he may pop the question he goes off on a tangent. Very jealous:p

Personally I would give it at least 6 weeks if not 2 months. Make sure that you give a RSVP date. When I sent out my wedding invites I thought that everyone would get back to me straight away, but most leave it until the rsvp date to reply (which I found really annoying!). If you are having a party in August, people will be planning holidays/bbqs/generaly summer stuff and you may find people are already busy if you don't give enough warning. Also, if you are inviting whole families/people with kids etc. you need to give them enough notice to organise baby sitters etc.

newrider.com