Energy companies

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Completely not horse related, but I need your opinions. What is the best energy company for customer service? (Not nec. cheapest)

I am sick to the back teeth with Eon and Eon next, I have 3 accounts, 2 for my house and 1 for the farm and they can’t combine them in terms of management.

The farm one I had to battle for 6 months spending hours on the phone to get £250 of charges removed from the account for the time before I even knew there was power there when it wasn’t being used.

My house electric was transferred from SSE to npower 16th January and I had zero balance, they were then bought out by Eon Next on March 20th and they put a debt of just over £223 on my account based on an estimated meter reading from Npower, Eon Next didn’t take a reading until June which was significantly less than the transfer estimate and they are telling me it’s on npower and nothing to do with them (even though everything online says they can deal with npower queries).

2 calls today, both the same answer - not their problem, asked for a manager and told one wouldn’t be available for over a week, had to get irate to get them to log a formal complaint. Not good enough.

• Angry
Reactions: Trewsers
I am sorry you have had to battle.
We do meter readings and billing with Bulb on line. My days of phoning people are over. Meter readings are all on line. Mybrother in law and Which and Martin Lewis (jourbalist) persuaded us to move to Bulb.
OH (who worked in the electricity industry) simply refuses to shop around every year. Competition involves endless hours of unpaid consumer time and energy. But it is OK for us to have overpaid Bulb as we have a bank balance.

Completely not horse related, but I need your opinions. What is the best energy company for customer service? (Not nec. cheapest)

I am sick to the back teeth with Eon and Eon next, I have 3 accounts, 2 for my house and 1 for the farm and they can’t combine them in terms of management.

The farm one I had to battle for 6 months spending hours on the phone to get £250 of charges removed from the account for the time before I even knew there was power there when it wasn’t being used.

My house electric was transferred from SSE to npower 16th January and I had zero balance, they were then bought out by Eon Next on March 20th and they put a debt of just over £223 on my account based on an estimated meter reading from Npower, Eon Next didn’t take a reading until June which was significantly less than the transfer estimate and they are telling me it’s on npower and nothing to do with them (even though everything online says they can deal with npower queries).

2 calls today, both the same answer - not their problem, asked for a manager and told one wouldn’t be available for over a week, had to get irate to get them to log a formal complaint. Not good enough.
That is very frustrating, I'd be wanting to log a complaint too! I have no advice, except if you don't get anywhere over the phone - could you do an old fashioned letter? Threaten them with the ombudsman?

Go to the ombudsman, but you will need to wait the appropriate amount of days before you can i think.

In the words of Martin Lewis he says do nothing currently with regards to energy transfers. Its in such turmoil currently you wont get any good deals at present.

I told her I would be contacting the ombudsman, but you have to log a complaint and give them 8 weeks to respond before you can, she tried her damndest to avoid taking a formal complaint.

I know it's not a good time to change, and I'll have to get this sorted out before I do, but I would rather pay a little more than get shafted and treated like crap!

I’ve been with Octopus for about four years now, all done online but you can phone if you need too, never had any issues with them at all. Not had any problems though and I always think you can only really judge a company by their reaction to a problem.

I hope you can get it sorted soon Jessey, I used to have Eon years ago and they were pretty rubbish way back then.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com