End of an era and scones.

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Well went out this morning to summer prune my lovely wisteria, but, as it's now so big and heavy it's pulling the fence down I fear it's going to have to get the chop!
It's not even mine to be honest it actually belongs to the neighbour but about six years ago instead of chopping off the overhang I decided to 'train' it to see if I could get it to flower (neighbour not a gardener and it had been neglected for a long time) anyhow for the last four years it's put on a super display of purply blue and white flowers hanging down about 10 inches and I shall miss it, but I can't let it have the fence down can I?

Just made some scones as was feeling peckish and not inclined to pay M&S prices, so have just chomped my way through a date and walnut scone followed by a cherry one with lots of butter and still warm .... mmmm yummy.

What's everyone else having for lunch?

Reactions: PePo and Trewsers
I had a banana, some rasins and some healthy(ish) fruit biscuits. Very boring but I must eat well!

Having the quietest day at work but I have found a colleague to talk to holidays about
so that is fun at least :)

Well went out this morning to summer prune my lovely wisteria, but, as it's now so big and heavy it's pulling the fence down I fear it's going to have to get the chop!
It's not even mine to be honest it actually belongs to the neighbour but about six years ago instead of chopping off the overhang I decided to 'train' it to see if I could get it to flower (neighbour not a gardener and it had been neglected for a long time) anyhow for the last four years it's put on a super display of purply blue and white flowers hanging down about 10 inches and I shall miss it, but I can't let it have the fence down can I?

Just made some scones as was feeling peckish and not inclined to pay M&S prices, so have just chomped my way through a date and walnut scone followed by a cherry one with lots of butter and still warm .... mmmm yummy.

What's everyone else having for lunch?

Like the sound of walnut scones but not dates. They are very scary and I still have bad childhood memories of my mum having them at Christmas. They looked like dead beetles! Lol

We had salmon pie for lunch with vegetable infusions. Courtesy of Youngs fish! Then for pudding I had a Club biscuit and Mr T had the last slice of cheese cake. I will do better tomorrow!!! Evening meal is going to be delightful I just know it. Mr T has made a pot roast. Tis in the slow cooker and smells lovely.

Reactions: PePo
It's day two of adjusting to a mainly dairy free diet - so I treated myself to a Starbucks soya latte (I think my colleague died of embarrassment when I asked for a sugar free caramel latte with skinny soya milk as well as his Americano ... Can't think why?! ) & I made some banana muffins at the weekend, which I had too.

I'm supposed to be on a diet, but I had a salad - that evens out the latte and muffin, right?!

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com