Embarrassing question!

domane

Gracie's mum
Jul 31, 2005
Um... just throwing saddle design into the mix. I can't ride in SC or K&M without getting chafed.

Hope Price

Well known member
Mar 21, 2016
Colorado
Okay, this is a bit embarrassing and a question I feel I can’t ask my instructor.

We were doing a lot of sitting trot in class last night – so much in fact that I’ve hurt myself in err, umm an intimate female area.

Our teacher is always telling us to tuck our bottom underneath us, but what exactly does that mean? I’ve interpreted it as kind of tilting your pelvis forward, but it shouldn’t hurt down there should it? Am I getting is all wrong?

Everyone else was complaining last night how much their thighs were killing then but all I could think was “never mind my thighs, my **** is killing me!!!!”

Thanks in advance for any help!
Haha BEEN THERE!
so tilting your pelvis forward isn't quite right. Think of bringing your belly button and try to touch it to your tailbone. It's the opposite of arching your back, its engaging your abs as well as protects yourself and makes you a more effective rider!

Dora Hallen

Jan 27, 2020
Oh yeah, try being a man! Sitting properly is fine for your important parts, but in all honesty, if you're not wearing supportive underwear - you know about it!

Also, needs to be longish in the leg - reach mid thighs - otherwise it all bunches up either side in your groin and that hurts I can tell you.

Jumping is a different story though - its all in the timing. Fold to soon or too late and you spend the remainder of the lesson as Mickey Mouse!

I honestly thought women had no trouble with riding and genetalia! There is nothing there to get in the way! Learn something new everyday.

Its insane how many riders deal with this problem:confused:, men and women! I am one of them and the main reason of all those problems is that we don't wear padded underwear, but we should. Just think for a moment about cyclists, they ride by rule with Culottes (Padded shorts) and the impact is WAY WAY less than the one that we riders suffer in the intimate area.

I got to the point of not enjoying this sport, so I tried some padded underwear but I only liked the designs from www.myridingunderwear.com , this brand is focused on raising awareness about all the consequences of horse riding in the intimate health and the need of wearing padded underwear.

It has really helped me, I hope this can help someone else!:)

They offer Free Shipping, that's a bonus.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
LisaLovesHorses Sticky, embarrassing question... Horse Care 14
Kathryn128 QUESTION!! (could be embarrassing...) First Timers 5
H Embarrassing question Older Riders 10
D Embarrassing Female Question 2000 Archive of Posts 13
Doodle92 Embarrassing and hilarious Cafe 10
Wally Embarrassing or reassuring? Cafe 1
squidsin What is the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you horse-wise? Cafe 16
tikkitti Most embarrassing fall!! Cafe 6
squidsin Embarrassing riding incidents Cafe 35
D How embarrassing............................ Cafe 10
Dizzy Woo The embarrassing moment when........... Cafe 27
KarinUS NOW WITH PICS Gaudy! Embarrassing! Too flashy! So I ordered it of course... Cafe 40
R Rather embarrassing - but how would you teach better manners ? Training of the Horse and Rider 8
daisysp8 Those 'embarrassing photo`s' ..... We all have them Cafe 14
Jane&Ziggy Embarrassing boot moment Cafe 2
ladyluxor OMG How embarrassing n red faced Cafe 3
diamonddogs Your most embarrassing fall? Cafe 24
MissMare How embarrassing! Cats, Dogs and other Animals 5
S Embarrassing mistakes with strangers... Cafe 10
Flipo's Mum Landlords, Embarrassing Situations and Money Cafe 7
Vicki100 Embarrassing Horsey Pics.. Cafe 29
laura jeanne Embarrassing confession! Training of the Horse and Rider 2
L most embarrassing moments??? Other Disciplines 4
twigs embarrassing silly Q Training of the Horse and Rider 8
Soot Embarrassing test with Lucy - Prelim 14 Vid! Competing 7
cinammontoast Most embarrassing riding incident ever? General 30
K New to Cantering, kind of embarrassing... First Timers 13
Snow_Pony This is embarrassing.. I have no balance General 1
A Bruised ribs... embarrassing first fall (long) Older Riders 19
happy haffys My horse is sooo embarrassing General 3
EnduranceAli Slightly embarrassing problem ... Training of the Horse and Rider 25
Morganna How positively embarrassing General 12
sophie33 rising trot problem - bit embarrassing! First Timers 10
Doodle92 Probably a hard question to answer. Horse height/weight Cafe 19
Doodle92 Another rug question Cafe 2
Doodle92 Dressage question. Competing 9
M Stupid forelock question Tack & Saddlery 4
Doodle92 Probably a question for farrier but tools? Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 4
KellyM51 I fell off my horse and I was wondering, my left buttocks has been numb for a month I can do everything normally but sometimes hurts, stupid question Cafe 4
Doodle92 Worming question Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 4
Kite_Rider Track question Horse Care 14
Ale A question about minis and fencing Horse Care 14
N Just a quickie question- charging a car Cafe 11
M What is the difference? Riding style question Training of the Horse and Rider 11
N A horse question Cafe 44
chunky monkey Foaling question Cafe 4
L Always had this question.. Horse Care 16
S Happy Riding Update! & a quick question at the end First Timers 6
froghorse Crossing Question Breeds, Colouring and Genetics 1
Trewsers 1st of June - question time thread Cafe 17