Electric fenceing question

ladyluxor

Apr 11, 2008
norfolk
Im gonna get straight to the point. :smile:

When putting up electric rope how do you run it??

Start at one end..go through insulators and carry on to the nxt line then tie off at ens??

or do a continous loop and attach the end to the begging of the first bit if tht makes sense

I want to run 2 heights of rope but wht is the best way to do it???

Hopefully answers b4 tommorow when we do it.:wink:

Thankyou... so if i done tht n just tied the ends together threw an insulator tht would be ok??

As we dnt have an entrance on tht side.

I don't know that you tie together??? Surely it shorts circuit out? As horse completes circuit when they touch it due to earth stake?

But yes, I run a strand of tape along the top, down the side of. The last post and back along the bottom. I don't tie them back together though

I don't tie together. I start with a bottom row (fence attached to plastic post/or insulator), run it the fill length, then loop up to the next row (all still attached) return akin the fence, then tie-off, but nit attached to the start. So it is not a continuous loop.

Had the same debate when I got my fence, but this is how Rutland advise it's done (and it works lol)

I don't close it off into a loop either, just go along the top and then along the bottom. I have a handle/gate way at the top near the end of the fence that is just single tape so it's easier to open and close.

I actually don't electrifiy my tape and fencing, so my answer it pretty useless to you I guess. Someone else in the sick field has electrified her tape though and again, doesn't tie off to create a loop.

It shouldn't make a difference. I don't think it'll short out. It's not touching the ground, only other tape and insulated posts. They do suggest using fence connectors though instead of tying it together. Tying the tapes together doesnt let the elctric flow quite so easily...

Or pull the wire element of the tape out and twist together :)

The circuit goes from the grounf, round the tape and it provides a shock when the horse touches it, because the horse is touching the ground - so I just wondered if the electric wouldn't zap if it was a whole loop though Im not sure... need to get physics A level stuff out again :giggle:

We tie to first post/insulator thingy. Run a line to last post back along the next line and tie to post where it started (hope that makes sense) We dont tie together.

You do all make sense :tongue:

I did think this was how it was done but have never really had to have it electriced b4 as my girl is gr8 with fenceing..were as the lil shetland is well a lil bugga!!!

Thankyou all.

She got a buzz on her nose as soon as we put her out yesterday.. so it must of been done right...:dance:

The first thing the lil mooie done was go straight to the fence to see if she could go thro it... me dnt tink sooooo..:wavespin:

She got a zapp right on the end of her lil nose, she has kept away from it now but i know her and she will go bk for another try at some point so its eyes on her for the next few days.

newrider.com