Eek .. I hacked out!

nicolaj

Mar 8, 2005
Sydney Australia
Well, after the erm 'jumping' I hacked out last night!:eek::D

I don't know what is happening to me, I'm going from being a nervous nelly to regaining confidence very quickly!

It was a short ride, from the yard, into the village (which consists of a few houses) past the farm and down to the end of the lane. Typicall last night the cows were in for milking and the farmer was cutting the grass in the fields for the winter feed, and there were tractors and cutting thingies (I'm not very technical!) all over! In the farm yard, the fields and one was clambering over the top of the grass pile! Well okay there weren't a herd of tractors, but there were about three maybe four in total!

I did forget to breath at this point and began to go a very funny colour, but YO and friend from the yard who I rode out with were very patient and managed to get me breathing again before I passed out.:rolleyes:.

Through all of this, pony was as good as gold, just stood looking at it all and kept talking to YO horse, as they are in luuurrrvvv!! After a chat to one of the farmer types we carried onto the end, went round the triangle and came back.

She wasn't bothered by the dogs barking or the odd car passing us or the kids playing, roaming chickens or the cows.

Pub hacks here we come!

Next challenge getting pony to canter, now there's a challenge!:D

Fab! :D

Keep doing it, the more often you go out the easier it will be to breathe, then before you know it you'll be able to talk at the same time (in fact, that's a good idea, they should make you do a running commentary just tp prove you are breathing! ;):D - my jumping instructor makes me count out loud to prove I'm breathing!)

So pleased for you - it's so lovely to be able to enjoy a hack rather than see it as an ordeal :) hopefully you'll get to that stage soon :D

Oh my I hacked again!

OOOhhh I hacked AGAIN:confused::eek: today!!!

Negotiated the big dog that went woof, got to the end of the lane and my evil friend:rolleyes: said shall we go left?!!! Well I agreed and onto the proper lane, pony was very good in the traffic, especially the loon towing the caravan that just didn't slow down:eek::eek:!! Both ponies were very very good and didn't turn a hair!

No stopping me now, next stop the pub!:D

Go Nicola!!
Its brilliant when you feel you are getting better at it isnt it? Even the gates. Im glad you mentioned the cows - Ive found a lovely ride with cows and calves on and my Icey friend doesnt seem to like them much - he doesnt mind the pigs, which is odd because everyone says horses HATE pigs.
Enjoy your hacks.

newrider.com