Eeek!! jumping lesson!!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
(pics taken by my RI!)

After much uhming and ahing, kerraziness got the better of me and I booked a jumping lesson with my old girl Angel :) as you may remember, I don't 'do' jumping. at all. been riding 25 years, will gallop, hack alone etc. but have a complete mental block when it comes to jumping ...

SEW ....

who says Exmoors can't throw some shapes and do stretchy legs!

img_6833_640_copyright.jpg

then they got higher ...

img_6845_640_copyright.jpg

look at me! TROTTING OVER SOME POLES! (another phobia of mine!)

img_6852_640_copyright.jpg

and then ....

img_6861_640_copyright.jpg

img_6866_640_copyright.jpg

i :wub: my Angel the Dangel pony VERY VERY MUCH :angel: last night reminded me once again just why I fell in love with her so many years ago :)

img_6832_640_copyright.jpg

JUlia
xx

Last edited:
You both look great :biggrin: Have you got a Torsion as well now? Suits you both very well, looks less bulky.

As is obvious in the pic I was somewhat petrified :frown: so no jumping bug as yet! i would like to keep at it though (no more than 1'6-ish!!) because the notion of possibly doing little x country jumpies one day does sound vaguely fun :smug:

Well done, jummping is overrated!
She looks to have some power in her jump!

she does! much to my horror my pony appears to be enjoying this! i hear she did a spot of jumpery in a previous life (inlcuding winning a chase me charlie competition against much bigger ponies!), bless her.

i only want to be able to pop the odd log, really :)

Good job, Julia. It's nice to learn on a pony who know how to jump already. Even if you don't get the jumping bug, it's a good skill to have for when you do "pop the odd log". :wink:

yep, angel is marvellous :) i'm hoping to get my jumping confidence back with her (angel is 20, had her nearly for 10 years - you need confidence? she's your gal! my sharer regained a lot of confidence hacking after a nasty fall off another pony) and then be able to try with my youngster :) (meanwhile im hoping to get a competent child to do a few jumps with appley once she's back in work to get her started).

Julia
x

ps: turns out biggest issues with jumping stemmed from me 'over folding' - i'd tried jumping small ponies like you would big horses - does not work when there's nothing in front!!!

OMG!! that last one is HUGE!!! You are very brave, I too am frightend to leave the ground and can only do trotting poles with my eyes shut. Enormous Well Done to you.

Cracker also loves jumping, and is quite good at it, the child crash test dummy does it with him. I feel I should learn at least HOW to do it, just in case. But should get back to being able to canter without sh1tting myself first.

newrider.com