Edward's first 'official' SJ competition.....

Mr Ed

Mar 1, 2009
....with my daughter on board. It is a lovely local show, where the atmosphere is quite informal and novice/younger children can feel quite relaxed.

My daugther entered him in four different jumping classes (nothing more than 1' 6"). They didnt knock a single fence and she received 3 x 2nd places (albeit quite small groups :))

I have to say the good old Edward did not put a foot wrong, we were there with him for over 3 hours and it's quite a busy place, full of people, horses, dogs etc. Her confidence is so boosted.

Makes me bond with him even more :D:eek:

Thanks learning curve. Quite odd really, but I am his main rider (hacking/sponsored rides etc) and I am hoping to do a dressage comp. in a few weeks. But, I have never jumped him :eek::eek:

I really am a recently returned rider (had private lessons for several months before buying Edward). I did jump in the lessons (v. small :)) but not on Ed yet!! Having watched today I sort of started to want to have a go.

Sounds strange but watching my little girl go round the courses with no problem helped to give me confidence too - bless her :D

Fantastic news well done to you all, sounds like Edward was a poppet as ever. Our boys are just the best :D

Thanks all.

Rubysmum. Was so pleased today. It's still all so new, but he was an angel. Keep up the waving! See you on Fri ;)

I definitely will do soon, once I have my dressage test out of the way:eek: But, they will be baby jumps to start with - me thinks trotting poles and then a little cross pole :D:D

Ed does have the benefit of lots of experience, just has to put up with us:rolleyes:

Well done Edward (and rider of course!!:D)

I can say from experience definately go for the jumping!! I've just started lesson's after 5 years of owning my horse and I'm loving it!! I entered my first dressage and jumping combination test on saturday and had a ball!! Have to admit dressage isn't my 'thing' and I found that much more terrifying than the jumping but I still enjoyed myself!! Me and Kane are not the worlds most natural or fast jumpers but we're having fun and that's all it's about!!!

Go for it, get yourself popping a few poles you'll be hooked I promise you!!:D

Hi JSR, what sort of size jumps are you and Kane tackling?? Highest I've jumped in my lessons is about 12" :eek::D

Its brilliant to see Ed coming along so well and really getting the most out of his new home and mum (plus mini mum = daughter). Has he got over the 'spook' thing on his left side now? I think it might have been a bee sting or something but he was really wary for a time?

Thanks all for the lovely comments.

Madmoo his little spook on one side seemed to last for about 4/5 days and then we took him in the trailer to a pony day at our riding school for my daughter to ride him. He seemed to forget all about it at that point. I suspect he was stung/bitten, but because he wasnt yet settled or used to us, he somehow thought we had probably done it too him while we were grooming or tacking up.

He really is an ideal 'dual' purpose horse and of course that means it's easy to keep his exercise regimen up.

newrider.com