Ebay worry

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I bought some boots off Ebay a few weeks ago - second hand - they've still not arrived and the seller is just ignoring me:furious: I've sent them another polite email today asking if they've sent them - but I get the feeling I'll be ignored. What annoys me most if that I won them at a cheap price and I just get the feeling that the seller does not want to let them go - but I've paid for them and the postage - so fair and square they should be mine. If they really didn't want to sell them cheaply they should have put a reserve on!
Anybody else ever had something not arrive and be ignored? If so, how did you deal with it? Thanks in advance. (We're not talking huge sums of money here but still it isn't right).

You should be able to get your money back - either through paypal or ebay. I'd do that tbh. I've never had something I've paid for not arrive but I have had someone bid on a rug I was selling £55 inc p&p then not pay and make up loads of:poop: excuses like she only uses her phone for ebay and she has smashed the screen.... she'll get to the bank tomorrow to put the money in for it... tomorrow, tomorrow!!!! It got to the point she didn't reply to a couple of my emails and I ended up having to open a non-payment case with ebay which she still didn't respond to. Eventually it closed and I ended up having to relist the item - it also wouldn't let me put bad feedback on her page either which I think is rubbish. When I snooped I realised that a lot of people had had the same issues with her.:unsure: ARGHHHH EBAY!!!!

Think I'll give it until tomorrow then contact ebay (not sure what the procedure is but I'll look it up) and try and get it sorted - I want my money back if she's not going to send them!!

I've had it happen,just open a case in the resolution centre for item not arriving,say you have contacted on numerous occasions to no response,you normally have to wait a few days to give the seller a chance to respond to the case,if they don't then escalate it and eBay make a final decision to refund your money,its easy enough just follow the instructuons.

I bought some boots off Ebay a few weeks ago - second hand - they've still not arrived and the seller is just ignoring me:furious: I've sent them another polite email today asking if they've sent them - but I get the feeling I'll be ignored. What annoys me most if that I won them at a cheap price and I just get the feeling that the seller does not want to let them go - but I've paid for them and the postage - so fair and square they should be mine. If they really didn't want to sell them cheaply they should have put a reserve on!
Anybody else ever had something not arrive and be ignored? If so, how did you deal with it? Thanks in advance. (We're not talking huge sums of money here but still it isn't right).

how long are we talking trews? There is a 45 day limit in which to submit an INR (item not received) to ebay.

It's been two weeks - so not that long, just that normally people are very good and send stuff right away. Funnily enough, I think they might have replied to me - I've just got an email alert come through on the iphone. Trots off to investigate...............

I've had it happen,just open a case in the resolution centre for item not arriving,say you have contacted on numerous occasions to no response,you normally have to wait a few days to give the seller a chance to respond to the case,if they don't then escalate it and eBay make a final decision to refund your money,its easy enough just follow the instructuons.

This ^^^ It's happened to me a couple of times and I have got my money back through the resolution centre. It took a while, but was a pretty straightforward process from what I remember.

Well, I got a reply but still no boots! I am now worried in case the nut case neighbour has averted delivery - let me explain..............
If any delivery vans come down our road (which we own btw) if he gets chance he will go stomping outside and demand to know where and what they are doing. If say for instance Hermes came with a parcel for me, he'd tell the driver I didn't exist and that he'd no idea where to leave the parcel (as well as being rude about it). So I am now worried that even though the people claim that they've sent them, I'm not gonna get anything due to the neighbour. Royal Mail are very good and postie leaves things under the table in the front or in the lounge when I'm out and about - but other companies wouldn't think to do that. Oh dear. I think my ebay days are drawing to a close............

On the delivery instructions square on paypal and other on line shopping sites put a note saying please ignore neighbour if he suggests we don't exist, unfortunately he suffers from a mental illness, please leave parcel in XX if we are out?

We've not spoken to him for nearly three years, our solicitor advised him to stop hounding us too - it used to be every Saturday and Sunday, over the dry stone wall that separates the properties, he used to spring up like a Jack in a Box and start hurling abuse at us. He used to calm down after about half an hour but we got sick of listening to it, I stopped fighting back in the end and let him rant on. Then we decided enough was enough and so when he started making threats to move a fence onto our land, we got in touch with solicitors and they warned him off. It's actually been a relief to know he is wary of shouting at us - I'm not scared of him, but it had got me down keep wondering when he was going to start. So as you can imagine, he's not going to be helpful with regard to any deliveries.............hmmm

On the delivery instructions square on paypal and other on line shopping sites put a note saying please ignore neighbour if he suggests we don't exist, unfortunately he suffers from a mental illness, please leave parcel in XX if we are out?

Not a bad idea - to save the hassle completely I might just get things delivered to a different address - so annoying though.

I can't remember the details but there is a thing on Ebay to report 'issues'. I would do that and let them deal with it.

I once ordered something and it wasn't delivered. Turned out to be lost in the post......How does a chain harrow get lost in the post I wonder:frown: Not like it was small and could slip down the skirting board:giggle:

ask the seller for a tracking number, in the mean time open a case, where ebay will request one anyway from them.

If you havent received it, and there is no proof you have received the parcel you will get a refund from paypal.

newrider.com